Process mining is a (Finance) Process Reengineering technology that enables companies easily capture information from source systems and provides an accurate picture of how processes are performing. The goal of process mining is to turn event data into valuable insights and actions.
It helps identify any fractured points in the organization's workflow, uncover inefficiencies, saving costs by shortening lead times, removing unnecessary steps, having less rework, optimizing resource allocation.
- Time consuming
- Only happy-flow mapped
- Evidences collected and examined manually
- Conducted through long interviews
- Automated data extraction from databases and various source systems
- Each possible scenarios presented
- Holistic view
- Enhanced root-cause analysis
- Visible cross-functional effect