KPMG’s approach is designed to help you realize more fully developed business value from your ERP system
KPMG’s approach is designed to help you realize more fully developed business value...
Implementing or upgrading an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is an investment and effort that begins with strategic planning and extends into implementation and well beyond.
To realize business value, improve performance, and sustain compliance under the post-Sarbanes-Oxley, Basel II, and other regulatory mandates, companies are seeking to utilize ERP software’s functionality to the fullest to help achieve business goals.
To help optimize the return on their investment, organizations should seek and maintain an ERP environment that integrates and optimizes business processes and technology to realize process and control efficiencies, cost reductions, and effective compliance management.
When designing and implementing an ERP system, an organization should seek a balance across four dimensions: risk and controls, process optimization, organization and people, and technology.
How KPMG Can Help - Benefits That Extend Throughout Your Organization
Addressing these issues – and helping to improve an organization’s return on its application investment – is how KPMG’s ERP Advisory Services practice can help. We can provide objective advice that is not influenced by systems integration vendors, solutions vendors, and business process outsourcers and a more holistic approach to the implementation lifecycle.
We provide total lifecycle guidance and support to clients that undertake an ERP implementation. We help clients navigate through each stage of the ERP project, assisting with ways to help maximize the potential business value. Combining deep ERP applications understanding with business process and control experience, we can help organizations use their systems and applications investments to:
Leverage ERP functionality for better optimization of processes and business performance
Provide the organization with timely, accurate information to enhance business decision making
Help increase reliance on efficient, automated Business system controls and enhance regulatory compliance while focusing on cost reduction.
Help improve business risk management.
Providing guidance to help ensure a better planned and managed implementation
The result is a system that is more aligned with business goals, and provides greater opportunity to sustain quality, improve controls and deliver long-term value.
How KPMG Can Help - Our Services
KPMG’s ERP Advisory Services professionals offer a range of services that cover each aspect of an ERP implementation life cycle, from strategy development to sustainability, and are outlined below (non-exhaustive list):
- Vendor selection assistance for software and service providers
- ERP strategy development
- Business process and control design and integration
- ERP project risk assessment
- System setup / implementation
- Implementation stabilization
- User access and segregation of duties rules design and implementation
- Reporting and business intelligence
- Reporting strategy and assessment
- Data management strategy
- Control monitoring tool selection and implementation including segregation of duties
- Security and identity management
- SOX sustainability and ERP automated controls assessment
KPMG’s ERP Advisory Services professionals combine deep business, finance, and accounting experience with technical and functional ERP applications knowledge to help you align your IT services with the goals of the business.
We can draw upon professionals in KPMG International's network of member firms in over 140 countries, who have knowledge of local market conditions as well as regulatory requirements and taxation.
With our ability to see the broad issues, your organization can benefit from:
- Advice grounded in business perspective, objectivity, and impartiality.
- An understanding of business and financial controls that puts IT controls in context.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and taxation to help meet business case requirements and facilitate IT decisions.
- Knowledge of privacy and security regulations that affect IT requirements.
- A full range of service offerings based on experience serving market leaders.
- Global breadth, local knowledge.
KPMG’s approach is designed to help you achieve a well-planned and well managed implementation and to realize more fully developed business value from your ERP system. In short, KPMG brings both a business as well as an IT perspective to major systems projects.