Tax Guide September 2019
Tax Guide September 2019
Consistent with our commitment to provide updated information on current tax issues, you may find below a list of filing obligations for the forthcoming period. We emphasize that this is not a comprehensive list, but rather a list of the most common tax filing obligations.
Taxes withheld in July
- Submission of tax returns for taxes withheld on the following sources of income:
- Royalties, if the recipient is an individual or a non-resident entity with no permanent establishment in Greece.
In order for reduced withholding rates pursuant to the Tax Treaties for the avoidance of double taxation to be applied, the foreign beneficiary of the income must provide the relevant tax residence certificate.
Respectively, in order to apply the provisions of the European Directives, as adopted by local provisions, and for nil tax to be withheld on income arising for non residents for dividends, interest and royalties, a nil withholding tax return must be filed. The relevant tax residence certificate should be duly drafted upon submission.
- Submission of the withholding tax return and remittance of tax withheld in the following cases:
- Solidarity tax
- Board of Directors fees
- Employment severance payments
- Fees for technical services, administration and consulting fees, when the beneficiary of the income is an individual or is a non-EU resident entity.
By 20 September
- Direct electronic filing with the Bank of Greece of transactions effected within August (collections and payments of any nature) between legal entities operating in Greece and non-residents.
By 30 September
- Payment of the first installment of the Unified Real Estate Tax (UREOT).
Obligations of enterprises arising from VAT and other indirect taxes and duties
By 16 September
- Payment of stamp duty on loans that were both concluded and recorded in the accounting books, during August between entrepreneurs (merchants), commercial entities and/or third parties.
By 26 September
- Submission through the TAXISNET website of the intra community transactions listings which include amounts invoiced within August, (reported by tax registration number of the counterparty established in other EU Member States), for acquisitions and supplies of goods as well as for the provision and receipt of services.
By 30 Septepmber
- Submission through the TAXISNET website of the periodic VAT return for August and payment of the amount due. The same deadline applies for submission of periodic VAT returns with a zero or credit balance
© 2023 KPMG Accountants Single Member S.A., a Greek Societe Anonyme and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.