Financial Statement Audit
Financial Statement Audit
Financial statement audits play a critical role in creating and maintaining investor confidence and can unlock valuable insights into the business.
Financial statements audits play a critical role in maintaining investor confidence.
We believe that independent auditors perform the valuable role of being a trusted intermediary between the providers of business information and the users of that information. In the wake of the economic crises and scandals of the past few years, we believe independent auditors are on the cusp of a transformative change. Stakeholders are demanding more transparency, and we are responding - changing how we operate, being proactive in listening to our stakeholders, and embracing Data & Analytics and new processes that are enabling us to make audit more relevant and continue to raise the bar on quality.
Innovation is not a concept traditionally associated with audit. But it is at the heart of our strategy in responding to the unprecedented challenges and opportunities we face as auditors. Core to our mission is acknowledging the responsibility we have as auditors to society and the capital markets. Innovations that lead to enhanced audit quality, like our application of LEAN methodologies to the audit, are important to the organisations we serve.
High quality, independent financial statement audits are essential to maintaining investor confidence. Our Audit professionals are committed to the public interest. These experienced professionals seek to challenge assumptions and unlock valuable insights based on a thorough understanding of an organisation’s business and industry, and innovative audit methodologies and approaches.
Our Audit provides both independent assurance and insight that goes beyond the audit opinion. It is challenging in its objectivity and supportive through its identification of emerging risks.
What's on your mind?
- Driving value from the audit
- Effective communication with stakeholders
- Improved efficiency
- Speedy resolution of accounting issues
- Independence and objectivity
- KPMG in Gibraltar is one of the most well recognised and respected firms and part of a global network working across offices and countries.
Bringing you peace of mind
Our audit is based on understanding a client's business drivers and risks. This approach delivers a robust and thorough audit that focuses on the most relevant areas. There are four key phases in the process:
- Planning - identifies and confirms the key risks
- Controls phase - we evaluate the design and implementation of selected controls, advise management of any issues and carry out the half year review
- Substantiation - we carry out tests of detail on areas that require particular focus
- Completion - the submission of the audit opinion and the delivery of our view on key areas of your business.
What's in it for you?
- Provision of pro-active and relevant insight from a team with leading edge industry knowledge in support of improved business performance
- Timely and practical resolution of accounting issues from partners empowered to make accounting decisions as they arise on site
- Efficiency from a prioritised approach that is focused on key risks, supported by state-of-the-art technology
- Frequent communication and substantial partner involvement to support the early identification and discussion of emerging risks
- Co-ordinated and consistent audit team management to minimise client involvement. Detailed post audit feedback to discuss and address arising matters to ensure continuous improvement