The role holder will lead and direct activities of the Corporate and Institutional Banking Division while monitoring results to ensure maximum achievement of objectives for service delivery, profitability and efficiency.
Spearhead the development and implementation the Corporate and Institutional Banking strategy / plan to facilitate achievement of related short and long-term business goals in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Communicate the approved strategy, business plans, budgets along with the approved policies / procedures and subsequent amendments to the respective General Managers and oversee their implementation
- Approve Key Performance Indicators for performance monitoring and quality measurement and systematic monitoring of their achievements in terms of assets and liabilities.
- Manage the development and subsequent implementation of banking best practices across all activities / operations in the Corporate and Institutional Banking Division to promote efficiencies in work processes, ultimately resulting in increased customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of effective relationships with the Bank’s customers to meet their needs more effectively and maximize revenue and profit.
- Review / analyse the Corporate and Institutional Banking management accounts (comprising the balance sheet, income statement along with the budgeted figures) monthly and positively address adverse variances noted with the respective departmental / function heads.
- Monitor to ensure the provision of value added products and services to existing / potential banking customers who seek banking relationships with the bank.
- Ensure that the Corporate and Institutional Banking Division provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function, as and when required.
- Implement consistent and effective marketing management processes that drive results across the entire banking footprint.
- Lead the implementation of effective customer service delivery models to promote excellent customer experience.
- Identify and monitor trends, opportunities, threats and environmental influences to the Bank’s business.
- Oversee structures, systems and resources required to maintain existing and potential customers.
- Present timely, accurate and complete reports to the Managing Director and Board of Directors for effective decision making.
- Set and monitor targets for all General Managers/ Heads of Departments (GMs/ HODs) in the Corporate and Institutional Banking Division and ensure they are aligned with the overall business objective of the Bank.
- Review performance reports presented by GMs/ HODsin the Corporate and Institutional Banking Division and enforce the development of improvement measures where necessary.
- Provide oversight in developing budget and monitoring expenditure for all departments Corporate and Institutional Banking Division
- Manage staff in the Corporate and Institutional Banking Division to ensure the mission and core values of the Bank are established and adhered.
- Provide leadership by evaluating the performance of General Managers and Heads of Department in the Business Division against agreed performance standards and objectives, and providing constructive feedback on their performance.
- Collaborate with the Human Capital Department to implement career and personal development initiatives that will enhance staff development.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Managing Director.
Essential and desirable criteria
- MBA or related Master’s Degree in Management, Business Management, Marketing, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
- Relevant professional certifications such as CIB(gh)/CIMG/ACCA/CA/CIMAwill be an added advantage.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ relevant experience in Corporate Banking; three (3) of which must be in an Executive Management role.
Kindly send your application with a detailed CV to email@example.com by 13 August 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.