Purpose: To gain insight into global trends and regional differences in how banks are identifying, assessing and addressing fraud risk. Scope: KPMG’s Global Banking survey was conducted between November 2018 and February 2019 across 43 retail banks. 18 have annual revenues in excess of US$10 billion & 31 each employ more than 10,000 people across the globe.
- Data security
- Step up SMS authentication with phone porting
- IP masking
- Phone spoofing of legitimate business
- Voice recognition via technology developed to replicate voice and scammers have attempted to record victim’s voices to bypass voice recognition
- Fingerprint biometrics and customer personal data, sourcing these from cyber market places
- Phishing, scams to increase their success rate/ returns via attacks at scale
For additional information or assistance, please contact
13 Yiyiwa Drive, Abelenkpe
P. O. Box GP 242
Tel: +233 (0)302 770 454
© 2020 KPMG, a Ghanaian registered partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative, a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. Member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated with KPMG International. KPMG International provides no client services. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm. All rights reserved.