Georgia maintains its position among the world’s TOP 10 economies for ease of doing business in the World Bank Group’s annual Doing Business report. This year the country has moved up to the 6th place in the global rankings and is currently the highest ranked economy in the Europe and Central Asia region.
Considering the attractiveness of the country for foreign investors and preferential trade regimes with major global economies, clients seek local counsels with global presence to help them navigate the opportunities and overcome the challenges faced in Georgia.
KPMG Legal provides comprehensive legal advice to the clients regarding their corporate matters from the very outset and up to the liquidation. We deliver consultancy services from usual day-to-day business activities to comprehensive strategic solutions to guarantee creation of unparalleled added value for our clients with our engagements.
Furthermore, our business and transactional advisory specialists guide clients through a broad range of contractual and commercial matters, from sales and distribution to agency and service agreements. We work closely with other KPMG colleagues to cover entire spectrum of inbound and outbound commercial activities in Georgia.
KPMG’s Legal Expertise:
- Incorporation of legal entities (including registration of branches of foreign entities)
- Corporate governance and regulatory compliance
- Shareholder advice, including enforcement of shareholders’ information and participation rights
- Capital increases and reductions
- Corporate reorganization and restructuring
- Corporate due diligence
- Corporate liquidations and insolvencies.
- Assisting through the negotiations process and providing respective legal advice on commercial transitions
Key Areas of Activities:
- Providing legal advice/assistance for determination of the appropriate legal form for doing business
- Drafting business set-up and formation documents (including, but not limited to charter, resolution of the shareholders, legal or contractual issues relating to the composition and appointment of the managing bodies, etc.)
- Performing due diligence (buy-side and sell-side)
- Drafting and negotiating transaction documents
- Legal advice in obtaining necessary permits and/or licenses for the proper business operation.
- Advice for senior management, boards of directors and their committees on a wide range of issues, including corporate governance, CSR and liability management
- Negotiation of deadlock resolution clauses
- Assisting within the full cycle of the company de-registration process (including, but not limited to drafting the resolution of the shareholders, appointing liquidator, drafting an application for de-registration, assisting during the performance of obligations towards the creditors, etc.)
- Negotiating, drafting and/or reviewing various type of commercial contracts (including, but not limited to civil contracts, financial and security agreements, etc.)