KPMG’s Internal audit, Risk & compliance services (IARCS) deploys multidisciplinary teams of professionals experienced in financial and operational internal auditing, IT, fraud analytics and risk assessment, shared services, finance management, treasury and financial instruments, and the supply chain to augment and enhance an organizations’ existing internal audit capabilities.
It works to make internal audit functions, enterprise risk management programs, and risk and controls management more efficient and effective.
Hot button issues for business leaders include a range of complex matters, including:
- IA strategic sourcing (right resources, right place, right time)
- enterprise risk management (structure, risk identification, monitoring, reporting, optimising)
- regulatory compliance (including SOX)
- contract compliance
- corporate governance
- global sustainability/climate change
- continuous auditing/monitoring
- integrated assurance.
The internal audit function and risk and controls management are often at the forefront in dealing with these matters. Their effectiveness and efficiency can have a major influence on corporate performance and business outcomes.
KPMG's IARCS practice works with internal audit directors and audit committees to develop a quality internal audit function that delivers strategic business assurance, identifies business opportunities and enhances organisational value. Our member firms' services include:
- evaluating internal audit functions and providing co-sourcing and outsourcing services
- deploying continuous auditing/monitoring techniques
- designing, executing and advising on the use of enterprise risk management
- driving Sarbanes-Oxley and equivalent regulations compliance
- rationalising monitoring functions and governance practices
- enhancing recoveries and compliance with contracts
- advising on social responsibility and climate change reporting