The Harvey Nash / KPMG CIO Survey is the world’s largest study on the priorities, strategies and careers of technology leaders
The survey takes 15-20 minutes to complete and all participants will receive:
- A full copy of the final report
- A Personal Benchmark Report – a personalized comparison or your key survey responses with your CIO peer group. Click here to view an example
Now in its 22nd year, the Harvey Nash / KPMG CIO Survey is one of the most trusted and extensive international reports on the business of IT leadership. The 2020 survey is now open for submissions and would benefit from your views and insights. The survey close has been extended to April 15, 2020.
This year’s survey is exploring the future of IT. It will be looking into the forces shaping the IT function of the future and the key characteristics that will be vital to maintain relevance in the face of accelerating change.
Excerpt of key findings of the 2019 study
- Almost half (44%) of organizations expect to change their product / service offering or business model fundamentally in the next three years
- A third plan to replace more than 20% of roles with AI/automation within 5 years but the majority (69%) believe new job roles will compensate for those lost
- Skills shortages are at an all-time high with 67% struggling to find the right talent. The top three scarcest skills are big data/analytics, cyber security and AI
- Almost half (44%) have large-scale adoption of Cloud and at least one fifth have at least small-scale implementation of IoT, on-demand platforms, RPA and AI
- First signs of quantum computing - although at a very early stage, 4% have implemented quantum computing to at least some degree.