The Danish infrastructure and transport sector is facing a series of challenges today, including higher demands for physical and cyber security, capacity optimisation of existing infrastructure, changing transport patterns, new disruptive technologies, reduced funding, and increasing demands for a better customer experience.
KPMG helps infrastructure and transport organisations and investors meet these challenges by:
- Embracing technology and putting digitalisation on the infrastructure agenda.
- Focusing on data-driven decision-making.
- Focusing on improving services and customer experiences.
- Re-thinking funding and financing models.
- Maximising value in the secondary market.
- Offering leadership advice during all stages of the asset lifecycle.
Our KPMG specialists within infrastructure and transport have several years of experience. More recently, we have assisted the Danish Road Directorate with transformation and digitalisation of their traffic centres, and we have assisted the City of Copenhagen with procurement and implementation of new parking taxation systems.
Furthermore, KPMG helps organisations in the sector on a permanent basis with optimising operations, for example in connection with outsourcing and improved quality management.
Finally, KPMG has in-depth experience with optimisation of the infrastructure customer experience, insight into travel trends and predictions, and solutions to the challenges of the new financing paradigm.