The KPMG Nordic Shared Services and Outsourcing Pulse Survey (PDF 3.5MB) is a yearly publication which zooms in on key findings and trends in the Nordic market for business and IT services. For 15 years KPMG has surveyed our global pool of sourcing advisors and executives of the world's leading service providers, to identify and report on the latest trends in the business services and outsourcing market. This 2019 edition explores the ongoing transformation of the delivery of services in a market characterised by technological disruption, and discusses both the opportunities and challenges associated with this new operating environment.
1. Driving down operating costs is a top priority for business leaders.
2. Hiring and retention of talent remains a significant challenge.
3. Demand for provider services grows as organisations see the benefits of having support in their automation journey whether it be in relation to improving existing shared service centres or to outsourcing.
4. Increasing investment flow into areas of automation including robotics process automation, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
5. Cloud is the new normal – consequently, organisations will move away from investing in non-cloud IT enterprise software.