Subscribe to KPMG's Business in Germany Newsletter
You are interested in the German marketplace and would like to know more about Germany as a business location? What are the challenges when doing business in Europe’s largest economy and which opportunities does Germany provide going forward?
Business in Germany is a quarterly English-language publication that provides relevant insights on the economic development of Germany and discusses how this translates into operational change of multinational organizations. As necessary, we provide updates on recent regulatory developments, taxation, as well as finance.
Highlights – October 2021 edition:
Now that the two last months of the year 2021 are approaching, a preliminary conclusion can be drawn: Business has mostly overcome the pandemic but various industries are lacking material and components and are facing worker shortages. Also climate change caused a number of tragic catastrophes during 2021 (e.g. the flooding in the western parts of Germany) and had severe impacts on people and businesses alike.
This edition of KPMG’s Newsletter Business in Germany focuses on a variety of topics:
- Update of the economic key facts of Germany.
- Current development of the M&A market in the German-speaking countries.
- The energy sector in Germany is undergoing a significant transformation and hydrogen may be an energy source of the future. KPMG Germany's Head of Energy explains the developments.
- The accounting scandal and subsequent insolvency of the former DAX-listed Wirecard caused politics in Germany to enforce rules and regulations on corporate governance, external audit and enforcement proceedings, the FISG-Act. We explain how executives and supervisory boards of Inbounds in Germany are impacted.
- Summary of the latest tax developments in Germany.
- A new episode in our series "German Business Etiquette" - this time about the New Work Environment post-COVID.