close
Share with your friends

W&I Insurance Claims on the Rise

W&I Insurance Claims on the Rise

W&I insurance policies protect the parties involved from the impact of warranty breaches and indemnification claims. What decision makers should know.

Ingo Schleis

Director, Deal Advisory, Head of M&A Post Signing Assistance & Dispute Services

KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft

Kontakt

Verwandte Inhalte

Zwei Menschen von oben in Sesseln

A current case shows impressively: after M&A transactions, sellers can be confronted with significant claims for damages. W&I insurance policies cover this risk and protect the parties involved from the impact of warranty breaches and indemnification claims. 

The announcement caused an uproar in the M&A scene recently: The private equity house, FSN Capital, announced that it had received EUR 50 million in compensation for damages under a W&I insurance policy resulting from errors in the financial statements of a target company which they had acquired in an M&A transaction. 

For further information please use the following link

© 2020 KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, eine Aktiengesellschaft nach deutschem Recht und ein Mitglied der globalen KPMG-Organisation unabhängiger Mitgliedsfirmen, die KPMG International Limited, einer Private English Company Limited by Guarantee, angeschlossen sind. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Für weitere Einzelheiten über die Struktur der globalen Organisation von KPMG besuchen Sie bitte https://home.kpmg/governance.

So kontaktieren Sie uns

Angebotsanfrage (RFP) einreichen

loading image Zum Angebotsformular