KPMG Webinar / Online
15.05.2019, 10:00 - 11:00, MEZ
New rules have been implemented for electronic Marketplace operators in Germany as from April 2019, although new rules to avoid tax defaults from internet trading will only come into effect across the EU in general from 2021.
This means that global as well as German marketplace operators have to keep specific information and documents about traders who conduct business in Germany via their marketplace. Moreover, the marketplace operators are required to record data about the deliveries carried out.
If the trader fail to fulfill their German VAT obligations and if the marketplace operator does not meet the aforementioned archiving obligations, the marketplace operator will be liable for the outstanding VAT payments of the trader.
Therefore, marketplace operators need to take action to avoid exposure to any risks. Among other things the following actions urgently need to be considered:
- Recording specific data from traders even if they are not professional dealers
- Collecting and archiving a German VAT registration certificate from the trader
- Documenting date of supply / remuneration / location of departure and destination of sold goods
- Implementing a process to exclude a trader from using the platform
- Implementing a process for handling queries from the German tax authorities incl. liabilty
- Considering negative impacts on cash flows in case of a VAT liability.
In this webinar we will provide details of the new rules and inform about the specific need for action.
Date of the event & venue
Wednesday, 15th May 2019, 10:00 am – 11:00 am (CET) - Webinar / Online
Please register here online for the event.
For professional questions, please contact
Matthias Beuche, Senior Manager, Indirect Tax Services, KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, Berlin, Tel. +49 30 2068 4490, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For organisational questions, please contact
Angela Heinrich from our Event Management team: Tel. +49 30 2068-1510, email@example.com.
69,00 Euro plus VAT (if applicable)
To register, please use the following link: here
Our Event Management team will send you the dial-in details approx. one day prior to the webinar. The invoice we will send out after the webinar.
KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft