KPMG named 2016 Global Outsourcing Leader by IAOP
KPMG named 2016 Global Outsourcing Leader by IAOP
Cited as top company in all judging categories: Awards & Certifications, CSR Programs, Customer References, Programs for Innovation and Size/Growth.
KPMG International has received all star ratings for its shared services and outsourcing advisory capabilities on the International Association of Outsourcing Professional’s (IAOP) 2016 World’s Best Outsourcing Advisors list. The 10-member judging panel – which included executives from GE, IAOP, Manchester Business School, Sprint and Thomson Reuters – used a rigorous methodology to award KPMG with top company scores in all judging categories, in particular perfect scores (8 out of 8) in the two that most strongly reflect ability to enable client success: Customer References and Programs for Innovation.
The judges recognized KPMG’s delivery excellence through its customer references, which spanned transformational IT Outsourcing, Business Process Outsourcing and shared services in multiple geographies, and in sourcing advisory areas including finance, supply chain management, application development and maintenance, governance and change management.
“KPMG’s dedication to empowering its more than 1,100 team members in over 60 countries with Center of Excellence-based people, process and technology investments and rigor, has enabled us, year-over-year, to help our clients realize sustainable, transformational change,” said David J. Brown, global lead, Shared Services and Outsourcing Advisory, KPMG International. “The all-star ratings awarded to us by the independent panel of IAOP judges underscore our passion for and singular focus on delivering transformational value to our clients.”
In the programs for innovation judging category – which IAOP describes as “demonstrated through specific programs and resulting outcomes that produce new forms of value for customers” – KPMG highlighted its:
- Pioneering Pharma GBS Consortium, established in 2014. The consortium’s objective is to extend knowledge of global business services (GBS) through open, peer-based discussions on key management and operational issues. Current members include most of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies, and membership is open to all pharmaceutical and medical device organizations globally.
- ITO Service Provider Performance and Satisfaction Study (SPPS) program. Now in its eighth year, the annual study captures buyers’ direct insights and perceptions about the performance of their IT service providers against a range of performance metrics including general satisfaction, quality, price, risk, strategic relationship management, innovation, flexibility, IT security, governance and likelihood to renew or recommend.
- China Shared Services Center Roundtable Series, which provides peer-based insights, perspectives, guidance and leading practices to those considering implementing shared service solutions, the predominant service delivery model in the country. The sessions are designed to encourage participation, stimulate open, candid discussion and solicit opinions from all participants.
Other KPMG innovations that enable its sourcing advisors to help member firm clients achieve their transformational objectives include:
- Its 12-year-old Pulse Survey program, which on a quarterly basis identifies and interprets key market conditions, characteristics and leading practices in end-user organizations' usage of shared services, outsourcing and third-party business and IT services.
- Its four-year-old Technology Innovation Center, which connects leading global technology thinkers including entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 technology executives, venture capitalists and KPMG member firm professionals in all world regions to identify and evaluate the impact of disruptive technologies.
- Its Ignition Centers, which work with strategic partners to deliver capabilities in digital and mobile business solutions, data & analytics, technology business management, tax transformation and technology, business in the cloud and HR transformation.
IAOP is the go-to association leading the way to improve outsourcing outcomes by bringing together customers, providers and advisors in a collaborative, knowledge-based environment that promotes professional development, recognition, certification and excellence. With over 120,000 members and affiliates worldwide, IAOP is not only on top of the latest trends but in front of them. Through its expansive global chapter network, premier training and certification programs, knowledge center, member community and more, IAOP helps members learn, grow and succeed. For more information and how you can become involved, visit www.IAOP.org.
For further information, contact:
+1 416 777 8749
© 2022 Copyright owned by one or more of the KPMG International entities. KPMG International entities provide no services to clients. All rights reserved.
KPMG refers to the global organization or to one or more of the member firms of KPMG International Limited (“KPMG International”), each of which is a separate legal entity. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee and does not provide services to clients. For more detail about our structure please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.
Member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated with KPMG International. KPMG International provides no client services. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the personal opinions of the interviewees and authors based on their personal experience working as Auditors in the industry and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of KPMG International or any KPMG member firm.