Family business blog
Family business blog
We hope that by sharing our experiences and other peoples’ stories, we can help family businesses prosper, and reach their full potential. It’s no secret that family owned and managed businesses are vital to every nation’s economy.
Join and contribute to KPMG’s Family Business community of business owners and entrepreneurs, and our discussion of the issues that are relevant to you.
Succession and next generation
- The 4 Step Succession Plan
- Getting children into a Family Business
- ‘Digital natives’ set to lead new era in family businesses
- The 3 keys to a good family business succession plan
- The time is ripe for family business succession
- Insights on Succession in the Family Business
- The Succession Taboo
- Passion for Family Business by Leonard Forestier [Video]
- What’s your Family Business Performance Score?
- How to be Positively Wealthy
- Board of Directors and Family Council
- Are Family Businesses Willing to Offer Equity to Investors?
- Keeping an Eye on Possible Conflicts of Interest
- Myth: Family businesses do not need external expertise
- The Three Enablers: Clarity, Culture, Communication
- How to generate emotional attachment to a business
- The benefits of governance
- Effective governance is critically important to success of Family-Owned Business
- The Argument for Losing Outside Investors
- Strategy and planning is critical for growth of family businesses
- Clear Minds make Clever Decisions
- Achieving Innovation in Your Family Business by Inspiring Your People
- Long-Term Horizons, Current Income and Diversification Drive Investment Decisions
- Are You Safeguarding Your Business’s Reputation?
- Entrepreneurship in family businesses through collaboration
- Family businesses stay close to family
- Long-term horizons, current income and diversification drive investment decisions
© 2022 Copyright owned by one or more of the KPMG International entities. KPMG International entities provide no services to clients. All rights reserved.
KPMG refers to the global organization or to one or more of the member firms of KPMG International Limited (“KPMG International”), each of which is a separate legal entity. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee and does not provide services to clients. For more detail about our structure please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.
Member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated with KPMG International. KPMG International provides no client services. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm.