Project Management for beginners
29 & 30 November 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. | 6 CPD
29 & 30 November 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. | 6 CPD
Please note that since the daily numbers of COVID-19 cases in Cyprus are still considered high, KPMG Academy will keep offering its trainings online until further notice, to ensure the safety of its clients and personnel. In case of considerable decrease in COVID-19 cases in Cyprus and if the level of contamination through physical gatherings becomes relatively low, webinars will be converted to face-to-face seminars. If so, this training will be conducted on 30 November 2021 (from 8:30 to 15:30). Further information will be communicated to you in due course.
Today’s workplace is becoming more demanding and is constantly evolving, thus developing Project Management skills is considered essential for both the success of a project and the company. People managing teams, leading a project or being involved in the implementation of a project are required to develop specific competencies in Project Management, so they can thrive.
A Manager possessing qualifications in Project Management, as well as a solid knowledge and practical experience in the field, will provide participants with the components and frameworks of the Project Management methodology and introduce them to the right tools. This way, participants will feel more confident to manage their day-to-day smaller or more complex projects for their organisations.
By the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
- Acknowledge the methodology and techniques of Project Management, which will support the successful delivery of projects
- Identify the key success factors of a project and the main risk areas of a project that require close monitoring
- Use and apply practices for the management of scope, risk, time, budget and quality
- Execute actions for the timely monitoring of projects that will increase the likelihood of the project’s success
- Support the development of project management techniques and frameworks that apply to organisations
- Adopt a structured mindset for the execution and delivery of a successful project.
Executives who do not have any prior knowledge in Project Management but are either taking on the management of a project for the first time or are involved in the delivery of small- or large-scale projects as part of their job duties.
*The number of participants is restricted to 28.
Join the webinar (8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.) *
Sessions (9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. including a 15-min break between sessions)
1. Introduction (30 min)
The need and value of using Project Management techniques and overview of
- Project Management methodologies
- Project Management in theory and application
2. Introduction to Project Management methodology (1 hr & 30 min)
- Key terms and definitions
- Project governance
- Organizational structure and roles in a project team
- Success factors
3. Project Management methodology (interactive session with exercises) (2 hrs & 15 min)
- Scope management
- Resource management
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Quality management
4. Management of a project (interactive session with exercises) (1 hr & 30 min)
- Project life cycle and phases (concept-definition-implementation-closure)
- Project Management plan: Key components
- Management of issues and changes
5. Summary (15 min)
- Key conclusions for the use of project management methodology
- Main areas to be monitored closely for successful completion of projects.
*Note: Please join the meeting 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time (join at 8:30 a.m.), in order to make sure that you do not face any connection or other technical issues.
If you wish to register for the webinar, please complete the registration form.
Once your registration is submitted, you will receive an email stating the participation fee, including any discounts, if applicable. Kindly note that the payment should be settled at least two days prior to the webinar’s date for your registration to be confirmed.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy. Please note that there are limited seats available, therefore enrol in this webinar as soon as possible.
If you do not receive our confirmation e-mail regarding your registration, your participation cannot be guaranteed.
€220 + VAT. Net investment after subsidy from the HRDA of €102: €159,80 (including VAT) for all eligible participants*
*Last Date for 10% Early Bird Discount: 8/11/21
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enrol in the same webinar, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enrol in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable. For more information on our alumni scheme, click here.
- There is a 10% early bird discount on selected webinars for participants who enrol in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- This training belongs to a bundle along with the webinar titled “How to become a people-led organisation”. Individuals/legal entities will receive a 10% discount on their registration fees for the “Project Management for beginners” webinar if they also register, within the same day, for the “How to become a people-led organisation” webinar. Kindly note that this discount applies if the same participant(s), attend(s) both trainings. If a legal entity wants to buy the same bundle for additional participants then the specific bundle can be bought more than once, and each participant will be entitled to the discount of the specific bundle. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved webinars.
For any queries, please contact Irini Avraam on +357 22 207 460 or at email@example.com.
CPD: This webinar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. Shortly after the webinar’s date, participants will receive electronically a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (6 CPD).
Board Member, Management Consulting & Governance, Risk & Compliance Services, KPMG in Cyprus
Antonis holds a BSc in Business Administration and the professional titles of Fellow Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). He is also certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) and he is a PRINCE2 Certified Practitioner. Antonis is a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus and has served in various Committees of the Institute.
Antonis is heading the Management Consulting, as well as the Governance, Risk & Compliance Services of KPMG in Cyprus. He has more than eighteen years of professional experience and specialises in the provision of tailor-made advisory services to private and public sector clients. The services provided are related, amongst other, to governance assessments, risk management, cultural assessment, operational restructuring and excellence, strategy definition and implementation of strategic initiatives, process re-engineering, technology implementation and digital transformation in the context of large and small transformational projects. Lastly, Antonis has led various projects in the governmental and private sectors, across a wide range of industries.
Manager, Management Consulting, Strategy, Customer and Operations, KPMG in Cyprus
Sina holds a BSc and MSc in Economics and she is a qualified Project Management professional (APM PMQ) from the Association of Project Management (APM) which is the relevant UK chartered body.
Sina has extensive experience in Project Management from working on large-scale multi-billion-euro projects across an array of sectors in the UK, including Technology, Finance, Transportation, Water, Energy, and Infrastructure.
Sina is a Manager at the Advisory group of KPMG in Cyprus and a member of the Strategy, Customer & Operations team. Sina has been been helping companies to become more efficient and improve the way they operate whilst she has been leading project delivery of large and complex projects for some of the biggest organizations in Cyprus.
Assistant Manager, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Stephanie holds an MEng in Civil Engineering and an MPhil in Energy Technologies and is a qualified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Stephanie is an Assistant Manager at the Management Consulting Department of KPMG in Cyprus, providing project management and consulting services for a wide range of projects across various sectors including Technology, Banking and Infrastructure.
Stephanie has extensive experience in managing and delivering large and complex projects in the UK and Cyprus.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy.