Financial transformation: Improve top & bottom line
15 & 16 December 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. | 6 CPD
15 & 16 December 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. | 6 CPD
Please note that since the daily numbers of COVID-19 cases in Cyprus are still considered high, KPMG Academy will keep offering its trainings online until further notice, to ensure the safety of its clients and personnel. In case of considerable decrease in COVID-19 cases in Cyprus and if the level of contamination through physical gatherings becomes relatively low, webinars will be converted to face-to-face seminars. If so, this training will be conducted on 16 December 2021 (from 8:30 to 15:30) instead of 15 & 16 December 2021 (from 9:00 to 12:15). Further information will be communicated to you in due course.
In the current business world, where competition is intensified and consumers are increasingly demanding and knowledgeable, profit margins are consistently challenged. A lot of effort has been put on cutting costs to improve the bottom line, or on marketing to grow the top line. However, for the financial performance and profitability to be truly maximised, an orchestrated plan towards improving both bottom and top line is essential.
The organisations that have already started investing in establishing robust profitability strategies which include measures for both the top and bottom line, as well as sustainable governance of such strategies, are enjoying fast and tangible results.
But which are the most effective levers of the top and bottom line? Pricing, from a top-line perspective, and cost management (including cash and working capital management), from a bottom-line perspective, are the key topics of this seminar. Learning how to use them as profitability levers can significantly impact the financials of an organisation.
By the end of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Describe key pricing and cost management principles and recognise their impact on profitability
- Name pricing and cost management techniques
- Acknowledge why Working Capital is important and the main KPIs
- Set concrete price-setting, discounting and cost optimisation frameworks
- Execute actions that will increase the organisation’s maturity in price setting and managing costs
- Explain drivers of Working Capital and how to manage them through a case study
- Use quick wins and mid/long term wins to create and control cash
- Encourage the shift of the organisational mindset towards considering price and working capital and cost as an important profitability lever
- Support the development of a dedicated financial performance unit within an organization
- Make decisions or assist Management to make decisions on actions --that will allow them control cash
Professionals who are involved with setting or managing prices from top level Εxecutives (CEOs, CFOs, COOs) to Managers and other Executives who are involved in but not limited to Strategy, Sales, Marketing, Product Promotion and Product Promotion Strategies, Operations and/or Customer Service and Accounting staff.
*The number of participants is restricted to 28.
Join the webinar (8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.) *
Sessions (9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. including a 15-min break between sessions)
1. Welcome to the world of top and bottom line (30 min)
- Introduction: The importance of managing the top and bottom line
- Top-line improvement: Introduction to pricing as a top line lever
- Bottom line improvement: Introduction to cost and working capital management as a bottom-line lever
2. Top-line improvement: 1. Pricing strategy (45 min)
This session explores the parameters that affect the price positioning in the market, with regards to the competition and the relevant customer segments.
- Competition: Evaluate your competitors and “pick your fights” intelligently
- Segmentation: Understand your customers and shape your offer to capture variation in Willingness to Pay between segments
3. Top-line improvement: 2. Price setting (1 hr & 30 min)
This session explores methodologies of setting the right price, depending on the perceived value that your product or service offers to your customers. The session will elaborate on innovative price models by providing industry examples, as well as pricing methodologies that are based on price elasticity models.
- Structure: Explore and challenge non-traditional pricing models
- Price levels: Determine the right price based on the value offered
4. Top-line improvement: 3. Price execution (45 min)
This session explores the setting of control mechanisms to manage price discounts and rebates, while being transparent and fair to your customers. Examples will be provided to reveal how uncontrolled discounting can lead to revenue leakage and how structured price communication can increase customer engagement.
- Discounting: Give confidence through structure
- Communication: Be smart and consistent
5. Bottom-line improvement: 1. Cost levers (45 min)
This session explores the key areas that drive cost levers, which can be utilised for optimisation/reduction.
- Financial levers: Explore the impact of working capital (account receivables and account payables) and cash through tax lens (stimulus measures and cash management)
- Operational levers: Explore the impact of operations (inventory, supply chain etc.), P&L spend (people and procurement)
6. Bottom-line improvement: 2. Cost improvement measures (45 min)
- Quick wins: Explore measures that can be applied for the quick improvement of the bottom line
- Mid- and long-term wins: Explore measures that can be applied for a sustainable optimisation of the bottom line
7. Bottom-line improvement: 3. Cost governance (45 min)
This session explores the processes available to improve the visibility over cost, working capital and cash flows.
- Controls: Introduction to controls over cash procedures in order to conserve cash
- KPIs: Introduction to cash related KPIs
8. Conclusions (15 min)
- The key characteristics of excelling in managing the top and bottom line
*Note: Please join the meeting 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time (join at 8:30 a.m.), in order to make sure that you do not face any connection or other technical issues.
If you wish to register for the webinar, please complete the registration form
Once your registration is submitted, you will receive an email stating the participation fee, including any discounts, if applicable. Kindly note that the payment should be settled at least two days prior to the webinar’s date for your registration to be confirmed.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy. Please note that there are limited seats available, therefore enrol in this webinar as soon as possible.
If you do not receive our confirmation e-mail regarding your registration, your participation cannot be guaranteed.
€200 + VAT Net investment after subsidy from the HRDA of €102: €136 (including VAT) for all eligible participants*
*Last Date for 10% Early Bird Discount: 24/11/2021
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enrol in the same webinar, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enrol in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable. For more information on our alumni scheme, click here.
- There is a 10% early bird discount on selected webinars for participants who enrol in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- This training belongs to a bundle along with the webinar titled “How to shift operations to digital channels”. Individuals/legal entities will receive a 10% discount on their registration fees for the “Financial transformation: Improve top and bottom line” webinar if they also register, within the same day, for the “How to shift operations to digital channels” webinar. Kindly note that this discount applies if the same participant(s), attend(s) both trainings. If a legal entity wants to buy the same bundle for additional participants then the specific bundle can be bought more than once, and each participant will be entitled to the discount of the specific bundle. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved webinars.
For any queries, please contact Irini Avraam on +357 22 207 460 or at email@example.com
CPD:This seminar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. At the end of the seminar participants will be given a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (6 CPD).
Board Member, Deal Advisory, KPMG in Cyprus
Christophoros is a Board Member at KPMG in Cyprus and has over 20 years of experience in the field of Deal Advisory Services. He has been involved in valuations, mergers and acquisitions, privatisations, financing and restructuring projects. In addition, Christophoros provided services for several public and private companies operating in different sectors, including financial services, retail, real estate, manufacturing, tourism, energy and more. Through this wide hands-on experience, he has gained unique in-depth knowledge of the business dynamics in practical situations.
Christophoros has a BSc in Economics (Accounting and Finance) from the London School of Economics, is a fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (FCA) and holds the Corporate Finance qualification (CFq) from the same Institute. He is also a licensed Insolvency Practitioner.
Christophoros has been a trainer of several seminars relating to valuation, M&A, restructuring and financing. In 2015, he was certified by the HRDA as a “Trainer of Vocational Training”.
Board Member, Management Consulting & Governance, Risk & Compliance Services, KPMG in Cyprus
Antonis holds a BSc in Business Administration and the professional titles of Fellow Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). He is also certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) and he is a PRINCE2 Certified Practitioner. Antonis is a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus and has served in various Committees of the Institute.
Antonis is heading the Management Consulting, as well as the Governance, Risk & Compliance Services of KPMG in Cyprus. He has more than eighteen years of professional experience and specialises in the provision of tailor-made advisory services to private and public sector clients. The services provided are related, amongst other, to governance assessments, risk management, cultural assessment, operational restructuring and excellence, strategy definition and implementation of strategic initiatives, process re-engineering, technology implementation and digital transformation in the context of large and small transformational projects. Lastly, Antonis has led various projects in the governmental and private sectors, across a wide range of industries.
Principal, Deal Advisory, KPMG in Cyprus
Christina is a Principal in the Deal Advisory department at KPMG in Cyprus and has more than 10 years of experience in the provision of financial advisory services. She has been involved in the debt restructuring of companies, preparation of financial models for operational and financial restructuring, corporate restructurings (mergers, divisions, exchange of shares) for public and private companies within various sectors
During the last 4 years Christina was seconded to one of the biggest banks in Cyprus, where she was acting as an external advisor of the Debt Recovery Department assisting in the reduction of non-performing loans. At the same time, she was heading the Insolvency Unit for Small-Medium Entities (SME) and Retail Loans of this bank.
Christina has a ΒSc in Economics from the London School of Economics. She is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (FCA) and is a licensed Insolvency Practitioner in Cyprus. Moreover, she has passed Level 1 exams to become a Chartered Financial Analyst.
Senior Manager, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Eleni holds an MBA and MEng in Biomedical Engineering. She is a Senior Manager at the Management Consulting Department and a member of the Strategy, Customer & Operations team of KPMG in Cyprus. Eleni specialises in the provision of advisory services to both private and public sector clients. Her services are related, among others, to pricing, operations, operational restructuring and strategy definition. In addition, Eleni advises companies on the implementation of strategic initiatives, in the context of large and small transformational projects.
Prior to joining KPMG, Eleni was a Senior Consultant at Simon - Kucher & Partners, a global leading consultancy in pricing, which provides advisory services on pricing and sales transformations, in Luxembourg and the USA. Eleni was also a university guest lecturer on pricing theory at Maastricht Business School and Vlerick Business School.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy.