Data Analytics, Process Mining in Internal Audit
10 & 11 November 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. | 6,5 CPD
10 & 11 November 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. | 6,5 CPD
Please note that since the daily numbers of COVID-19 cases in Cyprus are still considered high, KPMG Academy will keep offering its trainings online until further notice, to ensure the safety of its clients and personnel. In case of considerable decrease in COVID-19 cases in Cyprus and if the level of contamination through physical gatherings becomes relatively low, webinars will be converted to face-to-face seminars. If so, this training will be conducted on 11 November 2021 (from 9:00 to 16:45) instead of 10 & 11 November 2021 (from 9:00 to 12:45). Further information will be communicated to you in due course.
Data analytics can lead to improvement within the internal audit function and reduction of repetitive processes, while providing a more thorough audit.
By including process mining in the audit process not only enables audit to easier determine outliers and lack of process compliance, but also enables organisations to improve processes, highlight inefficiencies and reduce costs.
The qualified trainers of this webinar are passionate about analytics, internal audit and process mining and possess solid experience in the field. This training will provide the basic knowledge and benefits of data analytics and process mining within internal audit. In addition, participants will be informed about the framework, tools and concepts necessary to develop an audit function in the 21st century.
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- List the benefits of data analytics and process mining
- Acknowledge the tools necessary to embed these practices within the audit function
- Describe the framework necessary to implement those practices within their organisations
- Apply data analytics and process mining in the audit processes
- Demonstrate how to improve decision making based on audit outcomes
- Appreciate the importance of analytics and process mining in internal audit
Company owners and managers, internal audit managers, executives tasked with data analytics within organisations, CEOs, chief operating officers, chief commercial officers and other related professionals.
*The number of participants is restricted to 28.
Join the webinar (8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.) *
Sessions (9:00 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. including two 15-min breaks between sessions)
1. Data analytics and process mining (30 min)
- Introduction to data analytics, what itis and what it can do
- Introduction to process mining, what it is and what it can do
- How do data analytics and process mining relate to internal audit?
2. Data analytics in internal audit (1 hr)
- Challenges faced by internal audit
- Benefits and impact of data analytics in internal audit
- Why use data analytics within an internal audit function
- Applications of data analytics in internal audit
- Data analytics tools to be considered
3. Data analytics in internal audit framework (1 hr & 30 min)
- What to consider when adding data analytics in internal audit processes
- Deep dive into the data analytics in internal audit framework
- Options regarding how to structure the data analytics & internal audit functions
4. Process mining and internal audit (1 hr)
- Areas of internal audit that can be supported by process mining
- Impact of process mining on internal auditing
- Internal audit applications of process mining
- Conformance checking for compliance
5. Process mining (1 hr & 30 min)
- Process mining tools
- Extracting data and preparing event logs
- Process discovery, process conformance and process enhancement
- Identifying inefficiencies in processes
- Costs reductions and processes improvement
6. How is it all done? (30 min)
- Case examples of the application of data analytics in internal audit
- Case examples of process mining and the insights it reveals
7. What does the future hold? (30 min)
- What are the next trends and what to look for in the next decade?
*Note: Please join the meeting 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time (join at 8:30 a.m.), in order to make sure that you do not face any connection or other technical issues.
If you wish to register for the webinar, please complete the registration form.
Once your registration is submitted, you will receive an email stating the participation fee, including any discounts, if applicable. Kindly note that the payment should be settled at least two days prior to the webinar’s date for your registration to be confirmed.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy. Please note that there are limited seats available, therefore enrol in this webinar as soon as possible.
If you do not receive our confirmation e-mail regarding your registration, your participation cannot be guaranteed.
€200 + VAT. Net investment after subsidy from the HRDA of €110,5: €127,50 (including VAT) for all eligible participants*
*Last Date for 10% Early Bird Discount: 20/10/21
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enrol in the same webinar, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enrol in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable. For more information on our alumni scheme, click here
- There is a 10% early bird discount on selected webinars for participants who enrol in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved webinars.
For any queries, please contact Irini Avraam on +357 22 207 460 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPD: This webinar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. Shortly after the webinar’s date, participants will receive electronically a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (6,5 CPD).
Board Member, Management Consulting & Governance, Risk & Compliance Services, KPMG in Cyprus
Antonis holds a BSc in Business Administration and the professional titles of Fellow Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). He is also certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) and he is a PRINCE2 Certified Practitioner. Antonis is a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus and has served in various Committees of the Institute.
Antonis is heading the Management Consulting, as well as the Governance, Risk & Compliance Services of KPMG in Cyprus. He has more than eighteen years of professional experience and specialises in the provision of tailor-made advisory services to private and public sector clients. The services provided are related, amongst other, to governance assessments, risk management, cultural assessment, operational restructuring and excellence, strategy definition and implementation of strategic initiatives, process re-engineering, technology implementation and digital transformation in the context of large and small transformational projects. Lastly, Antonis has led various projects in the governmental and private sectors, across a wide range of industries.
Principal, Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services, KPMG in Cyprus
Marilena joined the Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services department of KPMG in Cyprus in January 2007. She was previously working at one of the big four audit firms in Cyprus for over four years.
Marilena is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA) and a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA). She possesses more than twenty years of professional experience in audit and advisory services with a focus on internal audit, compliance reviews assessments of the internal control frameworks and governance arrangements.
Marilena has experience in the enterprise risk management services, focusing on the prevention and detection of operational weaknesses and the implementation of corrective actions. She has managed engagements in various industries such as insurance, investment, banking, education, food and beverage, healthcare and governmental organisations. In addition, she leads engagements in the areas of internal audit including data analytics, fraud investigations, risk management and corporate governance, offering advisory services for various matters.
Senior Manager, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Vanja is a Senior Manager leading the Data & Analytics service line, IT Advisory of KPMG in Cyprus. She holds a BBA (Finance and Investments) from Baruch College, City University of New York and an MSc in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics from CIIM. Since she joined KPMG in 2018, Vanja participated, amongst other, in Data Analytics projects in the finance, insurance, aviation, consumer products, oil & gas, shipping industries etc. She is responsible for delivering advanced analytics and business intelligence solutions to companies in Cyprus, the CIS region and Africa.
Vanja has extensive prior experience in the field of finance and investments, having worked in Private Wealth Management with Goldman Sachs & Co. in New York. She also possesses broad experience in structuring and originating debt instruments in the emerging markets, as well as in sales and marketing of financial products in Europe and New York. Her prior experience also includes production management liaising with counterparts in Asia and the Middle East to ensure quality delivery and execution of products.
Assistant Manager, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Elia is an Assistant Manager in the IT Advisory group at Management Consulting Department of KPMG in Cyprus. She holds a BSc in Computer Science with specialisation in Information Systems from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece) and an MSc in Computer Science from the University of Cyprus. She is currently a PhD candidate in Software Engineering at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, focusing on Process Mining. She has been with KPMG in Cyprus since 2018, providing CIO Advisory Services, Business Analysis Services and Process Improvement and Reengineering Services.
Elia is equipped with more than 5 years of progressive expertise in delivering services for the implementation of technology projects for various local and global organisations. She specialises in the provision of tailor-made advisory services to private and public sector clients relating, among others, to business analysis, requirements definition and process mining, improvement and reengineering activities. Elia has been leading the business process management transformation of a major Banking Institution, using the latest available tools and techniques. She has also provided advisory services as a Business Analyst for major process improvement and the reengineering of core banking activities at the Central Bank of Cyprus.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy.