Anti-bribery, anti-corruption & reporting mechanisms
15 October 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | 3 CPD
15 October 2021 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | 3 CPD
Join us for this webinar to analyse bribery and corruption trends and ways to combat them with emphasis on Anti-bribery management systems in line with ISO 37001.
As the global markets try to adjust to the pandemic environment, new initiatives, projects and ventures commence, and as such, the risk for fraud and corruption increases. Cyprus, being a small market, follows its own trends. State efforts towards combating white collar crime in the pre-Covid era included the preparation of the National Anti-Bribery Strategy whereby the implementation of an Anti-bribery management system in line with ISO 37001 is encouraged. The promotion of reporting such crimes is of equal importance. Whistleblowing is immensely significant when it comes to combating such crimes. Directive 2019/1937 on the protection of persons who report breaches of Union Law is set to be transposed to National Legislations by the end of 2021. Specific guidelines have been issued which constitute ISO 37002.
By the end of the webinar, participants will have an understanding of:
- The current landscape in anti-bribery and corruption in Cyprus
- The requisites for setting up an Anti-bribery Management System in line with ISO37001
- The importance of incident reporting, the requirements of the Whistleblowing Directive, and the guidelines of ISO 37002
- The impact of mitigating bribery and corruption risks.
This webinar is addressed to Chief Executive Officers, Chief Audit Executives, Chief Risk Officers, Compliance Officers, Health & Safety Officers.
Join the webinar (8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.)*
Sessions (9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. including two 15-min breaks between sessions)
Introduction (20 min)
- Historical development of bribery & corruption
Current landscape (45 min)
- Cyprus anti-corruption strategy
- Legislation affecting corporations: obligations and consequences
o Anti-bribery legislation requirements
o Whistleblowing legislation requirements
o AML and TF considerations
The importance of an Anti-Bribery management (20 min)
- Benefits of implementing an Anti-Bribery and Whistleblowing system
Implementation of an Anti-Bribery management System in line with ISO 37001 (1 hr and 10 min)
- Setting an Anti-bribery and Corruption Policy
- Assessing the bribery risk and the potential damage as a result
- Setting the roles
- Implementation of controls
- Whistleblowing policy and ISO 37002 guidelines
- Continuous awareness raising
- Internal Audit
Case studies (20 min)
- Failure to detect a bribery and consequences incurred
- Successful implementation of mechanisms to mitigate bribery risk
Closing remarks (5 min)
*Note: Please join the meeting 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time (join at 8:30 a.m.), in order to make sure that you do not face any connection or other technical issues.
If you wish to register for the webinar, please complete the registration form.
Once your registration is submitted, you will receive an email stating the participation fee, including any discounts, if applicable. Kindly note that the payment should be settled at least two days prior to the webinar’s date for your registration to be confirmed.
If you do not receive our confirmation e-mail regarding your registration, your participation cannot be guaranteed.
€110 + VAT
*Last Date for 10% Early Bird Discount: 24/09/21
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enrol in the same webinar, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enrol in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable. For more information on our alumni scheme, click here
- There is a 10% early bird discount on selected webinars for participants who enrol in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved webinars.
For any queries, please contact Irini Avraam on +357 22 207 460 or at email@example.com.
CPD: This webinar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. Shortly after the webinar’s date, participants will receive electronically a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (3 CPD).
Board Member, Management Consulting & Governance, Risk & Compliance Services, KPMG in Cyprus
Antonis holds a BSc in Business Administration and the professional titles of Fellow Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). He is also certified in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) and he is a PRINCE2 Certified Practitioner. Antonis is a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus and has served in various Committees of the Institute.
Antonis is heading the Management Consulting, as well as the Governance, Risk & Compliance Services of KPMG in Cyprus. He has more than eighteen years of professional experience and specialises in the provision of tailor-made advisory services to private and public sector clients. The services provided are related, amongst other, to governance assessments, risk management, cultural assessment, operational restructuring and excellence, strategy definition and implementation of strategic initiatives, process re-engineering, technology implementation and digital transformation in the context of large and small transformational projects. Lastly, Antonis has led various projects in the governmental and private sectors, across a wide range of industries.
Manager, Governance, Risk and Compliance Services, KPMG in Cyprus
Petros is a Manager at the Governance, Risk and Compliance Services department of KPMG in Cyprus. He holds a BA in Sociology and an MSc in European & Comparative Public Policy. He is a member of the Association of Internal Auditors of Cyprus, and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. He possesses extensive experience in strategy consulting, public procurement, internal audit, sustainability and regulatory compliance, servicing clients both in the private and public sector. He assists various organisations in setting up Anti-bribery Management Systems. Moreover, he has knowledge of KPMG’s methodologies geared towards assessing the impact of ESG risks in companies. Finally, he has wide experience in the implementation and management of projects funded by instruments of the European Union both at national and at EU level.