Descriptive Analytics & BI – visualise your data
11 & 12 May 2021 | 9:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. | 7 CPD
11 & 12 May 2021 | 9:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. | 7 CPD
Please note that KPMG will offer this training face-to-face at KPMG offices in Nicosia, should there is a considerable decrease in COVID-19 cases in Cyprus, the level of contamination through physical gatherings is relatively low and the government restrictions allow this adjustment. In such a case, the training will be conducted on 11 May 2021. Further information will be communicated to you in due course.
Data is all around us. Visualising is the first step to receiving value from your data and enabling KPI monitoring, Enterprise Performance Management and obtaining insights from data. Understanding how to conduct descriptive analytics, however, is the first significant step towards using business intelligence and enabling enhanced management decision making. The two trainers delivering the seminar are passionate about data and analytics and possess solid experience in the field. This is a-not to be missed-seminar for those who deal with data analytics and seek to make a difference in their profession. The seminar aims to reveal the capabilities of data and its necessity in today’s business world.
IMPORTANT NOTICE-WEBINAR’S REQUIREMENTS:
During the seminar, BI (Business Intelligence) concepts will be demonstrated through well-known technologies like PowerBI, SAS VA and AWS QuickSight. Therefore, participants need to arrange the Power BI desktop application to be installed on their laptops prior to joining the webinar. If the training will be conducted face-to-face, participants will be required to bring their laptops in class. Participants can download the latest version of Power BI desktop application in English for free. For webinar purposes, participants are required to download the data files that will be sent to them via email in advance.
This webinar will provide the basic knowledge of tools and concepts necessary to develop descriptive analytics skills, in order to get better insight from data within organisations. By attending the webinar participants will also improve their management decision making skills and support development of enterprise performance management in the organization.
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explain how to improve decision making, compare and contrast results and reach better, well-informed decisions
- Identify important KPIs and determine how to find necessary data related to those indicators
- Acknowledge the difference between look up and data tables
- Describe what hierarchies are and create relationships between datasets
- Utilise and visualise KPI targets
- Implement descriptive analytics for their organisations, in order to improve management decision making
- Explain the subject of management reporting and descriptive analytics
- Verify changes in measured metrics
- Appreciate the importance of descriptive analytics
- Intend to participate in strategic discussions concerning management decision making.
Company owners and managers, executives tasked with data analytics within organisations, chief executive officers, chief operating officers, chief commercial officers and other related professionals.
*The number of participants is restricted to 28.
Join the webinar (8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.) *
Sessions (9:00 a.m. – 13:00 p.m. including two 15-min breaks between sessions)
1. Descriptive analytics (1 hr)
- What is Descriptive Analytics?
- Why do we need it?
1. KPI (Key Performance Indicator) monitoring & selection
2. Enterprise Performance Management (EPM)
3. Retrieving Insights from Data
- What tools can we use?
2. Data quality & preparation (1 hr)
- What is data quality?
- Selecting data for KPI visualisation
- Preparing data for visualisation tools
- Lookup tables vs Data tables
- Why do we need lookup tables?
- Practical demonstration
3. Getting started (1 hr)
- Overview of the tool
- Connecting to a data file
- Navigating through the tool
- Creating relationships between tables
- Creating charts
- Drilling down and up in hierarchies
- Adding colours
- Adding calculated columns
- Adding labels and formatting
4. KPIs, time series, aggregation and filters (1 hr & 30 min)
- Setting targets and KPI monitoring
- Working with time series
- Understanding aggregation and granularity
- Creating an area chart & learning about highlighting
- Filters and slicers
- DAX Functions
5. Maps, scatterplots and interactive BI (Business Intelligence) reports (1 hr & 30 min)
Calculated columns vs calculated measures
- Creating a scatter plot
- Combining charts, filters and slicers
- Adding a donut chart
6. Using custom visuals & Cloud (30 min)
- Installing a custom visual for Power BI
- Power BI Pro functionality and Cloud functionality demo
7. Beyond descriptive analytics (30 min)
- Predictive analytics in EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) and beyond
*Note: Please join the meeting 30 minutes prior to the webinar’s start time (join at 8:30 a.m.), in order to make sure that you do not face any connection or other technical issues.
If you wish to register for the webinar, please complete the registration form.
Once your registration is submitted, you will receive an email stating the participation fee, including any discounts, if applicable. Kindly note that the payment should be settled at least two days prior to the webinar’s date for your registration to be confirmed.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy. Please note that there are limited seats available, therefore enrol in this webinar as soon as possible.
If you do not receive our confirmation e-mail regarding your registration, your participation cannot be guaranteed.
€190 + VAT. Net investment after subsidy from the HRDA of €119: €107,10 (including VAT) for all eligible participants*
*Last Date for 10% Early Bird Discount: 20/04/2021
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enrol in the same training, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) trainings during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enrol in more than two (3+) webinars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early Bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% Early bird discount on selected trainings for participants who enrol in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved trainings.
For any queries, please contact Irini Avraam on +357 22 207 460 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPD: This webinar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. Shortly after the webinar’s date, participants will receive electronically a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (7 CPD).
Manager, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Vanja is a Manager in the Data & Analytics Group, IT Advisory of KPMG in Cyprus. She holds a BBA (Finance and Investments) from Baruch College, City University of New York and an MSc in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics from CIIM (pending thesis review). Since she joined KPMG in 2018, Vanja participated, among others, in Data Analytics projects in the finance, insurance, aviation, consumer products and shipping industries. She is responsible for delivering advanced analytics and business intelligence solutions to companies in Cyprus, the CIS region and Africa.
Vanja has extensive prior experience in the field of finance and investments, having worked in Private Wealth Management with Goldman Sachs & Co. LCC in New York. She also possesses broad experience in structuring and originating debt instruments in the emerging markets, as well as in sales and marketing of financial products in Europe and New York. Her prior experience also includes production management liaising with counterparts in Asia and the Middle East to ensure quality delivery and execution of products.
Senior Advisor, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Antreas is a Senior Advisor in the Data & Analytics Group, IT Advisory of KPMG in Cyprus. He holds a BBA (Business Administration, Management Science Specialisation) from the University of Cyprus. Antreas has been with KPMG in Cyprus since 2020 and has been involved, among others, in Data Analytics projects in the finance, insurance, consumer products and retail industries. He is responsible for providing advanced analytics and business intelligence solutions to companies in Cyprus.
Antreas possesses prior experience in the field of insurance, thus has an understanding of all relevant data sources, potential sources of error or bias and important KPIs. More specifically, Antreas’ experience focused in business intelligence, predictive algorithms, segmentation analysis, customer lifetime value analysis and process optimisation.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy.