Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for business
7 & 8 October 2020 | 14:00 p.m. - 17:15 p.m. & 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. | 6 CPD
7 & 8 October 2020 | 14:00 p.m. - 17:15 p.m. & 9:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. | 6 CPD
There is no doubt that AI is transforming organisations both internally in terms of operations and externally by providing enhanced customer experiences and interactions. The introduction of AI technology, nevertheless, requires a structured and strategic approach in order to be successful, allowing individuals to identify relevant opportunities and applications. This seminar will enable organisations to:
1. Better understand AI core concepts, including any challenges relating to applying the technology
2. Set a focused AI strategy
3. Demonstrate reasonable understanding of various AI use cases
4. Explore trust and security aspects relevant to the AI technology.
This seminar will provide knowledge, concepts and methodologies relevant to AI technologies, whilst it will demonstrate their application. By the end of the seminar, participants’ knowledge in relation to AI matters is expected to be enhanced, whilst at the same time their skills will be improved. More specifically, participants will be able to:
- Understand and describe the underlying details of AI technologies and prioritise different AI opportunities within their organisations
- Identify and select specific AI technologies
- Collaborate in solving specific problems relevant to the subject and clearly explain why AI technology might be a good fit in various use cases
- Adopt and apply the appropriate AI Technologies to support their everyday activities and complete their tasks.
The seminar is addressed to Company Owners and Managers, Chief Executive Officers, Chief Operating Officers, Chief Information Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Commercial Officers, Operations and/or Customer Service Managers, Product Managers, Strategy Managers, IT Managers, Head of Data & Analytics, Head of Innovation, Retail Managers and other related professionals.
*The number of participants is restricted to 28.
1. Introduction (1 hr)
- Explanation of the term Artificial Intelligence
- Common trends and terms with regards to AI
- What is narrow AI and what is General AI?
- Which are the main challenges in applying AI to solve business problems?
2. AI as a strategy (30 min)
- Understanding the latest trends and where organisations are heading with AI
- Assess the fitness of these technologies with the overall organisational strategy
- What are the new roles emerging within organisations with regards to AI?
3. Identification of opportunities relevant to AI within organisations (30 min)
- How do we identify the most promising opportunities to apply AI technologies?
- What kind of processes can benefit from AI?
4. Presentation of various AI use cases (1 hr & 30 min)
- Simple, practical use cases of AI today
- How AI technologies are used for assessing and evaluating customers and how can they support acquisition and retention processes
- How AI technologies can contribute in the efficient marketing multichannel campaign optimisation
5. Developing and embedding AI technologies in existing processes within organisations (1 hr)
- A few necessary tools for developing AI driven solutions
- How do we ensure and test AI model performance?
- How do we measure whether AI models are performing well?
5. Common pitfalls in the development of AI applications (30 min)
- What is bias?
- What is model complexity and overfitting?
6. Security and trust in AI (1 hr)
- What is trust in AI models?
- What is algorithmic fairness and how this can be achieved?
- How can we fool / exploit different AI models?
- What kind of security breaches can occur in AI technologies?
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy. Please note that there are limited seats available therefore enrol in this seminar as soon as possible.
If you do not receive our confirmation e-mail regarding your registration, your participation cannot be guaranteed.
€220 + VAT. Net investment after subsidy from the HRDA of €102: €159,80 (including VAT) for all eligible participants*
Individuals/legal entities will receive a 10% discount on their registration fees for the “Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for business” seminar if they also register, within the same day, for the “Practical methods for explainable AI/machine learning models” webinar. Kindly note that this discount applies if the interested parties, attend both trainings. In addition, this discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
*Last Date for 10% Early Bird Discount: 17/09/2020
- For more than two (3+) participants from the same company a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for participants who enrol in the same seminar/webinar, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- For individuals/legal entities who/which register in more than two (3+) seminars/webinars during the same semester (January-June & July-December), a 10% discount is available on the total cost, before the VAT and HRDA subsidy. This discount only applies for individuals/legal entities who/which enrol in more than two (3+) seminars/webinars during the same semester, on the same day. This discount can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for alumni members. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early Bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% Early bird discount on selected seminars/webinars for participants who enrol in a training course until a specific date which is stated above. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- There is a 10% discount for the members of ICPAC, Cyprus Institute of Internal Auditors, Cyprus Bar Association, Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Cyprus Union of Bank Employees. This discount should be applied before the VAT and HRDA subsidy and can only be combined with the early bird discount and the HRDA subsidy, when applicable.
- HRDA subsidy for all HRDA approved seminars/webinars.
For any queries, please contact Irini Avraam on +357 22 207 460 or at email@example.com.
CPD: This seminar may contribute to Continuing Professional Development requirements. At the end of the seminar participants will be given a certificate of attendance confirming the total number of training hours (6 CPD).
Senior Manager, Digital Innovation Lead, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Konstantinos holds a BEng and an MEng in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens. He also holds an MSc in Advanced Computing from the Imperial College London.
Konstantinos is a Senior Manager in the Management Consulting department of KPMG in Cyprus, leading the Digital Innovation team. He has extensive hands-on experience in designing and developing innovative digital solutions in various platforms for a range of organisations in different industries. He is also involved in product development services.
Furthermore, Konstantinos has extensive knowledge in modern web and mobile technologies. More specifically, he applies Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technologies and provides end-to-end digital solutions in order to solve business problems of clients.
Assistant Manager, Management Consulting, KPMG in Cyprus
Danis possesses more than five years of experience in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science. He is currently a member of the Digital Innovation team, developing digital solutions for the retail, telecom and financial services sectors. He has hands-on experience on a variety of digital innovation technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Automations. Danis has extensive knowledge in helping clients to interpret and understand the cause and effect of Artificial intelligence algorithms.
Danis has developed and delivered training workshops such as the “Introduction to Artificial Intelligence for business” and the “Introduction to data visualisation and advanced concepts in machine learning”.
Danis worked in the UK as a Data Scientist and as a Data Science Contractor for a multi-national corporation. During his employment, he developed a variety of solutions to clients and solved important business problems through the delivery of end-to-end intelligent processes.
The programme has been approved by the HRDA. Enterprises participating with their employees who satisfy HRDA’s criteria, are entitled to subsidy.