Key findings from the report:
- Nearly three out of four employees reported that they had observed misconduct within their organisations in the previous 12 months
- More than half of employees reported that what they observed could potentially cause a significant loss of public trust if discovered
- Some of the driving forces behind fraud and misconduct in the corporate environment include pressure to do "whatever it takes" to meet targets, not taking the code of conduct seriously, believing employees will be rewarded based upon results and not the means used to achieve them, and fear of losing one's job for not meeting performance targets
- Nearly half of employees were uncertain that they would be protected from retaliation if they reported concerns to management. And more than half suggested a lack of confidence that they would be satisfied with the outcome
- Ethics and compliance programs continue to have a favorable impact on employee perceptions and behaviors
In an environment marked by eroding confidence and trust, now may be the time to evaluate whether the programs and controls that safeguard your reputation for integrity are working effectively to do just that. We hope you find this information valuable to you and your organisation.
© 2022 毕马威华振会计师事务所（特殊普通合伙） — 中国合伙制会计师事务所，毕马威企业咨询（中国）有限公司 — 中国有限责任公司，毕马威会计师事务所 — 澳门特别行政区合伙制事务所，及毕马威会计师事务所 — 香港特别行政区合伙制事务所，均是与英国私营担保有限公司 — 毕马威国际有限公司相关联的独立成员所全球性组织中的成员。版权所有，不得转载。