KPMG's indirect tax team has the depth and breadth of experience across all main industry sectors, as well as the ability to apply international best practices to navigate solutions for businesses in China. We also maintain regular dialogue with China's Ministry of Finance and the State Administration of Taxation to ensure the management of indirect taxes is handled effectively.
Our indirect tax specialists can assist you with:
- VAT advisory services, across a broad spectrum of issues
- Identification of key indirect tax opportunities for business
- Advice on significant transactions such as restructuring and mergers and acquisitions
- Health checks to ensure the business is taking advantage of concessions and exemptions, maximising input VAT credits and deductions and identifying underpayments or process deficiencies
- Supporting businesses subject to tax audits or other investigations
- VAT and related compliance services
- Using technology solutions to more efficiently manage indirect taxes, including:
- KPMG’s Tax Intelligence Solution which provides an integrated suite of VAT technology analytical tools, methodologies and insights. The China-ready version contains analytics tests specifically written or adapted for Chinese VAT, with easy switching from Mandarin to English, ready to use on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems commonly in place in China, and with data security at the forefront.
- ERP systems and linkages to the golden tax system.