Assistant Director of Information Technology Infrastructure
Assistant Director of Information Technology...
Public Services | Technology | Hong Kong
Public Services | Technology | Hong Kong
About KPMG Executive Search and Recruitment
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPMG Executive Search and Recruitment is a business unit of KPMG China and is one of the few recruitment consultancy firms in Hong Kong that is part of a large professional organisation. We work alongside a group of professionals and advisors who provide us with a high level of insights and awareness about a wide range of businesses and professions. We support the clients and aim to provide a pleasant working experience for the clients and candidates.
Our client is a government-funded institution with sizable operation in Hong Kong.
- Define IT infrastructure strategy and plan, architecture, standards and management including cloud, datacenter, network, AV communications, etc;
- Formulate roadmaps in the short and long run, and set performance metrics on the expected outcomes;
- Build and maintain a best-in-class IT operations function that operates with a Cloud-first and DevOpsmindset, and ensure reliable 24x7 operations;
- Establish standardised processes and operational metrics based upon ITIL to effectively manage theperformance of operations. This includes availability and performance of applications & servers, serviceticket management, life cycle management, etc;
- Manage strategic and complex projects related to the Institutional Strategic Plan;
- Provide the necessary leadership to ensure that best practices are adopted;
- Identify, evaluate, and supervise vendors and consultants and prepare, negotiate, and monitorcompliance of vendor and consultancy contracts;
- Devise the staffing plan, including identifying, evaluating, and recommending the resources needed forthe implementation, upgrades, support activities, and related projects;
- Build strong client relationships and align departmental priorities, strategies, and resources with themission and strategic goals; and
- Handle other IT projects and assignments as directed.
- A bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or related discipline. A post-graduatedegree in MBA is a plus;
- At least 15 years of progressive experience in the development of strategies and/or strategic initiativesincluding developing measurable plans;
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure management in a complex, customer-facing environment withhigh reliability and uptime requirements.
- Experience with managing on-prem workloads as well as migrating workloads to Cloud whileoptimising the cost of Cloud based workloads.
- Excellent ability in the development of business cases and presentation materials in a clear and concisemanner;
- Knowledge of administrative practices environment an advantage;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong leadership skills, commitment-to-task. He/she must be a self-starter, with strong decision-making skills and ability to work under pressure; and
- Ability to translate needs analysis data into formal designs, and strong organisational, supervisory, and interpersonal skills needed to work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external resources
For information and application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. By submitting your application and communication with us, you agree to receive communications from us and agree our Personal Information Collection Statement in the following link: www.kpmg.com.cn/KER-opportunitie
@2022 KPMG Executive Recruitment Limited, a Hong Kong limited liability company and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited (“KPMG International”), a private English company limited by guarantee.
Employment Agency License No. 68592
The official website of Labour Department is https://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/news/content.htm