Financial risk management
Financial risk management
KPMG’s professionals advise on risk, financial engineering, actuarial services & the management of assets, capital, treasury & commodity/energy risk.
We assess financial assets and liabilities from simple bonds to exotic derivatives.
KPMG China offers a broad ranging financial risk management (FRM) service. We help banks, insurance companies, asset managers and corporate and public clients identify, assess, manage, report and limit the risks they face.
Global concerns about financial risk have been increasing in the light of growing volatility and uncertainty in global financial markets. In this climate, enterprises of all kinds and sizes want robust financial risk management frameworks that satisfy compliance demands, contribute to better decision making, enhance performance and help maintain the enterprise’s good reputation. KPMG China’s FRM professionals work with financial institutions and other corporate and public clients to attain these objectives.
Credit risk, liquidity risk, the risks of issuing or dealing in financial instruments and the risks inherent in treasury operations are just some of the financial issues that are a concern for businesses. The challenge is compounded by an increasingly demanding and complex regulatory environment.
How we can help
We help organisations enhance their actuarial and financial risk management and compliance practices by working alongside them in:
- assessing existing risk management capabilities, including benchmarking performance and procedures
- improving financial risk management's contribution to the attainment of strategic and business goals, enhancing shareholder value and reducing capital requirements
- developing tools to measure, monitor and report on financial risk issues•implementing new regulatory requirements and streamlining financial licence applications
- conducting compliance health checks to reduce the risk of regulatory breaches, excessive compliance costs and the unnecessary diversion of management resources into compliance matters
- compliance costs and the unnecessary diversion of management resources into compliance matters
- evaluating compliance systems and practices against industry best practice and developing compliance measuring, monitoring and reporting tools
In our work with clients we highlight concerns and help improve processes, governance and strategy across a range of matters, including:
- credit risk measurement and management
- operational risk measurement and management
- market and liquidity risks
- economic capital management
- capital adequacy & regulatory services
- anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT)
- actuarial services & financial statement support
- financial instruments accounting and valuation
- insurance risk assessment
- Basel II implementation
- quantitative evaluation and management of portfolio risks
- financial engineering
- risk management in transactions
- finance and treasury management and transformation
- asset management advisory
Why choose us
KPMG China aims to provide consistent, cost-effective and high-quality service through:
- FRM professionals locally-based in Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai who have backgrounds as auditors, regulators and practitioners and who combine high-level technical capabilities with practical, hands-on experience in a range of risk management, regulatory and compliance matters
- access to the resources of one of the world’s leading professional advisory organizations, with a global network with offices in over 145 countries, and with over 1600 FRM professionals
- offering clear, practical and actionable advice and tailoring our services to the needs of individual businesses