Welcome to our first Risk Management and Regulation Newsletter
In this first issue we deal with a range of topics:
- Remuneration and incentives: Culture is being recognized as an increasingly important part of a sound risk management and internal control system and regulators currently see incentives as a key lever in driving the right culture. We examine the latest proposals from the HKMA.
- Complex financial products: Suitability of products is a key issue in determining if FIs are treating customers fairly. We examine the implications of the recent SFC guidance in this area.
- Credit risk: Banking is changing with the advent of virtual banks. We take a look at new approaches to credit risk management.
- LIBOR reform: Are you ready? Our recent ASPAC survey suggests not many are and we examine some key issues.
- Financial crime: Hong Kong performed well in the FATF Mutual Evaluation, but this is an area where the fight against crime will continue.
We hope you enjoy this issue and would love to hear feedback from you.