Planning, budgeting and forecasting: an eye on the future
Planning, budgeting and forecasting
Almost 1 in 2 finance professionals say annual budgets are 'politically agreed numbers', which cease to be relevant after they’re set. Over 2/3 of respondents agreed that within 5 years the traditional budgeting process would be transformed into rolling forecasts.
Planning, budgeting and forecasting: an eye on the future is the first of three pieces of research KPMG's Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) team is conducting with ACCA in 2015.
The survey represents the views of over 900 finance professionals from more than 50 countries with the majority from organisations with an annual turnover of at least $100million.
- The CFO must take a starring role in planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Are people misunderstanding the role of the budgeting and forecasting processes?
- The planning, budgeting and forecasting process is still too finance centric
- Old habits die hard in planning technology
- Cloud: the single biggest advancement in planning, budgeting and forecasting technology
Download the report
An eye on the future (PDF 2.22 MB)
© 2022 KPMG LLP a UK limited liability partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organisation of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organisation please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.