Asia Pacific Real Estate Funds Briefing - Issue 4, July 2013
Asia Pacific Real Estate Funds Briefing - Issue 4...
As real estate funds increasingly turn towards Asia as an investment location, local tax authorities are focusing on how these investments are taxed. This semi-annual newsletter updates readers on developments affecting the structuring of real estate funds in the region, with a particular focus on the impact of changes on the tax efficiency of commonly used investment structures.
Featured in this issue are:
- India – Latest developments of general anti-avoidance rules
- Hong Kong – Offshore funds exemption extension and developments in stamp duty measures
- Australia – 2013-2014 Federal Budget and general anti-avoidance provisions
- China – VAT reforms in the construction and real estate sectors
- New Zealand – Proposed changes to further tighten interest deductibility Vietnam – New protocol to
- Vietnam-Singapore tax treaty
- Malaysia – Real property gains tax and stamp duty relief for listed business trusts
© 2022 KPMG Huazhen LLP, a People's Republic of China partnership, KPMG Advisory (China) Limited, a limited liability company in Mainland China, KPMG, a Macau (SAR) partnership, and KPMG, a Hong Kong (SAR) partnership, are member firms of the KPMG global organisation of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
The KPMG name and logo are trademarks used under license by the independent member firms of the KPMG global organisation.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organisation please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.