Cathy has over 15 years’ experience in providing AML and Sanctions (including OFAC) regulatory compliance reviews and investigations in mainland China, Hong Kong, and United States. She is an U.S. licensed CPA, CFE and CAMS.
Prior to relocating to China in 2017, Cathy was with the AML team in KPMG New York for 12 years. Many of her past engagements involved helping clients in responding to a regulatory order or enforcement action due to systemic failures/deficiencies in their existing AML/Sanctions programs, or assisting clients in proactively putting effective AML programs in place.
Cathy has authored the following thought-leadership articles which were published in the journals administered by the AML regulators in China:
- China’s Evolving Anti-Money Laundering Regulatory Landscape
- Published in the journal “China AML Practices” administered by the PBOC (China’s Central Bank) AML Bureau in June 2017
- China’s Modern Regulatory Measures Against Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing and Tax Evasion
- Published in the magazine “China Forex” administered by the SAFE (China’s State Administration of Foreign Exchange) in May 2018
- In-depth Analysis of Overseas AML Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management
- Published in the journal “China AML Practices” administered by the PBOC (China’s Central Bank) AML Bureau in April 2018