With solid growth, high demand and declining political risks, the Asia-Pacific region is an attractive prospect for Swiss firms looking to expand. - Stefan Kuhn
Accessing Asian markets
With solid growth, high domestic demand and declining political risks, the Asia-Pacific region is an attractive prospect for Swiss based Multinational Companies looking to benefit from the world largest consumer markets. Language barriers, foreign rules and regulations and a new business culture can hinder companies’ attempts to create value in the region. KPMG supports clients and empowers them to develop truly regional strategies that mitigate risk, improve performance and bring sustainable results.
Our broad knowledge and understanding of business and markets in China, Japan, Korea, Singapore and other Asian markets help you anticipate, understand and manage the many commercial and country-specific challenges facing them. KPMG Switzerland has extensive experiences in assisting Swiss based multinational companies to expand or restructure their operations in these countries. In collaboration with local partner firms from our global KPMG network we coordinate all service lines of KPMG Switzerland and external partners through an experienced and multilingual team which has the knowledge and resources to conduct engagements of all sizes. Based on this know-how, we are able to provide high quality one-stop-shop services you need to achieve your goals on all Asia-related matters.
KPMG’s expertise in Asian markets
- Market entry and beyond. We support your journey to or from Asia, from market entry to business development, ongoing management as well as entering the European Market via an operation in Switzerland.
- Buying a business. If you are considering buying a business, KPMG’s integrated team of specialists helps you ask and answer the right questions throughout the acquisition life cycle.
- Selling a business. If you are considering selling a business, KPMG’s integrated team of specialists works with you to ask and answer the right questions throughout the divestment process.
- Collaborating. Creating and setting up a successful joint venture or business alliance involves specialized skills. Employing a global mindset, KPMG’s integrated team of specialists supports you through the life cycle of a joint venture or alliance.
- Funding a business. Optimizing your capital structure is essential to sustainable growth. KPMG’s integrated team of specialists guides you through the process of raising capital in both the debt and equity markets.
- Fixing a business. The right business transformation strategy can drive a rapid turnaround from crisis to value realization. KPMG helps you get control by reviewing your options and building a sustainable turnaround plan.
In particular, KPMG Switzerland has established the China Deal Advisory Desk to address the specific needs and business issues of Chinese firms investing in Switzerland and vice versa. In a complex market filled with constant change, Chinese enterprises are highly ambitious, and are seeking a sustainable mode of development by transforming their growth model.
From helping you plan and implement strategic change to measurably increasing portfolio value, we focus on delivering tangible results. And we’re also already thinking of your next deal down the road – in China, Japan, Korea or elsewhere in Asia.