Strategy & Transformation
Strategy & Transformation
Topics such as an increase in outpatient treatments, networking and digitalization are increasing the strain on healthcare institutions.
Increase in outpatient treatments, networking and digitalization are increasing.
Topics such as demography, an increase in outpatient treatments, networking and digitalization are increasing the strain on healthcare institutions even further. Healthcare managers are under pressure to find adequate and long-term answers to these challenges.
Strategy: We will work out a four-step strategy together and support you with field-tested instruments and methods in the implementation as follows:
- Performing relevant strategic analyses (patient populations, service portfolios, referrals, etc.)
- Developing umbrella, division and area strategies
- Conceptualizing and accompanying strategy implementations
- Integrating strategy controlling
Transformation of hospitals: We can support and accompany you on three different challenges.
- Cooperations: Identification of suitable cooperation partners, development and evaluation of relevant cooperation and business models, business plans and accompaniment on your implementation journey.
- Mergers: Preparation of decision criteria, set-up of the necessary in-depth concepts (range of services, etc.), performance of all of the legal, fiscal and operational investigations and help during the post-merger integration.
- Spin-offs: Presentation and valuation of the undertaking from a neutral viewpoint, support when preparing decision criteria for the specific topics (legal form, valuation questions, management structures, etc.) as well as all proposals and documents relevant to the incorporation of the organization.
Management organization: Optimizing a management organization may mean changes to the currently existing organizational structure, a specific development of certain areas or a radical re-organization. We tailor our approach to your needs and use field-tested procedures, such as maturity checks. During our work, we also look at shared services and the potential offered by make-or-buy projects.
Active real estate management is gaining momentum for strategic reasons. We will help you with property appraisals, portfolio management, usage concepts, real estate purchases and sales, price comparisons as well as the controlling to accompany building projects of hospitals and clinics.
Integrated Care: We will assist you in choosing the relevant partners for your supply chain, in developing end-to-end patient journeys, ensuring the digital networking of the processes between all of the institutions involved and setting up an effective controlling to measure the effectiveness of all of this. When conceiving and implementing this work, KPMG will support you to the best of our knowledge and involve our worldwide network as needed.