As it is a comprehensive revision of the tax law, companies in the Canton of Zug should prepare for the changes mentioned above as soon as possible. Specifically, the following questions should be addressed:
- How will my business be affected by the reform?
- How will the transition from privileged tax status to normal taxation take place?
- How can my business benefit from the transitional rules?
- How can my business benefit from a fiscal privilege relating to R&D activities or the patent box?
- How will the increase of the capital tax effect the total tax burden and what optimizations can be taken?
- When should my business take which measures?
- Does the dividend strategy still make sense?
Companies should take timely action in order to be ready for the impact the tax reform will have on them. This includes thorough planning in time as well as a simulation of the impacts of the different aspects of the tax reform.