Auto sector leader available to comment on Canada’s automotive future
KPMG available to comment on Canada’s automotive future
Shift to electric vehicles puts pressure on Canada’s automotive industry
KPMG in Canada’s Peter Hatges, the National Sector Lead for Automotive, is available to provide insight and commentary on Canada’s automotive future, as electric vehicles will redefine the driving experience, and radically reshape how and where they’re made.
As a sponsor of the Canadian International AutoShow, KPMG will be releasing an industry report to coincide with the AutoShow that explores the state of the industry and offers key considerations for Canadian automakers, component makers, governments, educational institutions, and other industry stakeholders.
WHO: Peter Hatges, Partner, National Sector Lead, Automotive, KPMG
WHEN: Thursday, February 13 – Media Day
WHERE: The Canadian International AutoShow
North and South Metro Toronto Convention Centre
John Bassett Theatre
255 Front St. Toronto, ON
- How will the shift to electric vehicles transform Canada's automotive industry?
- What immediate steps should automakers and auto parts makers take to respond to transformative change? Is this the end of the internal combustion engine?
- What lies ahead for automotive dealers?
- How technology is revolutionizing the industry?
- How will automotive industry jobs change in the next five, 10 years? What does the factory of the future look like? How well positioned is Canada to meet the challenges?
- Are we ready for electric cars? What needs to happen and when?
- What's the future for refuelling stations?
- How are demographics reshaping the automotive sector?
- What's the future of urban mobility?
- How do you safeguard privacy in an era of connected vehicles? How soon will autonomous driving vehicles be on the market? Will they make our roads safer?
- What the impact will EV batteries have on the mining industry?
ABOUT KPMG IN CANADA
KPMG LLP, an Audit, Tax and Advisory firm (kpmg.ca) is a limited liability partnership, established under the laws of Ontario, and the Canadian member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG has more than 7,000 professionals/employees in over 40 locations across Canada serving private- and public-sector clients. KPMG is consistently recognized as an employer of choice and one of the best places to work in the country.
The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International, a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity, and describes itself as such.
For more information, please contact:
Caroline Van Hasselt
KPMG in Canada
T: 416 777-3288
© 2021 KPMG LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organization please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.