Corporations should be aware of new filing changes that may affect their Ontario Annual Information returns. The CRA has announced that these changes, which apply to certain forms, will take effect on May 15, 2021.
The CRA has announced changes to the Ontario Corporations Information Act annual return process. Under these changes, the CRA says that:
- Annual return forms are no longer available for download from the CRA website (as of May 7, 2021)
- Annual returns will no longer be filed with the CRA (as of May 15, 2021).
These changes will apply to the following forms:
- Schedule 546, Corporations Information Act Annual Return for Ontario Corporations
- Schedule 548, Corporations Information Act Annual Return for Foreign Business Corporations
- Form RC232, Corporations Information Act Annual Return for Ontario Not-for-Profit Corporations.
ServiceOntario says it will publish further details on these changes as more information becomes available.
For more information, contact your KPMG advisor.
Information is current to May 10, 2021. The information contained in this publication is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavour to provide accurate and timely information, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should act upon such information without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of the particular situation. For more information, contact KPMG's National Tax Centre at 416.777.8500