HR function support
HR function support
HR staff augmentation during a crisis
Your priorities right now are keeping people safe, supported, and connected. Ensure your HR team gets the support it needs in times of crisis.
We understand what you are facing
Safeguarding the well-being of employees has always been your top priority and now you also face unprecedented disruption and a race against the clock.
Your HR team is facing a surge of changes caused by: keeping teams safe in the event of contagion, business measures to contain costs and preserve cash, remote working, travel restrictions and other factors.
You are doing the best you can, but the demands on your team can be overwhelming.
The help you need, the way you need it
We can expand the capacity of your team with interim HR capabilities. We provide immediate and/or temporary capacity as a managed service or staff augmentation:
- With managed service, you secure the scope and amount of support you need (e.g. a "SWAT Team" or specialists on retainer).
- With staff augmentation, a selected professional(s) joins your team on a full- or part-time basis.
We have skilled professionals who are able to provide capacity at all levels from analyst to senior executive support, and help navigate the people-related implications of the pandemic and economic slowdown.
Where we can help
- HR staff augmentation: business partnering, employee relations, worker on-boarding / re-deployment / off-boarding, payroll and benefits administration, labour relations, recruiting, learning & development.
- Crisis management: Coordination of organizational response; information & content management, control and security; communications support.
- Critical role contingency: Coordination of employee preparations to replace colleagues who are in critical roles, in the event of contagion or other reason for absence.
- Workforce planning: Data-driven risk assessment of contagion impact; workload and capacity forecasting; workforce reconfiguration and organizational redesign.
- HR service continuity: Prioritization of essential vs. deferrable HR services; reconfiguration of how HR services are delivered in the short term.
- Digitization: Automation of administrative activities; guidance to HR and IT teams on business needs for system changes.
- HR policies and programs: Enhancement of programs such as worker redeployment, remote worker support, physical health & safety, mental health, inclusion and engagement.
- Working-in-crisis leadership training: Express learning on proven practices for managing remote teams, engaging employees, protecting top talent and handling stress.
© 2021 KPMG LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organization please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.