Although some organizations may have experience with certain workers adopting a remote-work model, most are not prepared for an entirely virtual workforce.
A thriving virtual team is contingent on the workforce having access to the the right technology and collaboration tools, a supportive virtual work culture, effective communication channels & appropriately established policies.
Gauge your current agility
Organizations should make the following considerations:
- Is your workforce able to work remotely? Has your organization taken stock of your current state technological infrastructure that will allow for the implementation of a virtual workforce?
- Does your organization have licenses to the appropriate communication and collaboration tools?
- Do you have a dedicated team that will encourage the consistent use of communication and collaboration tools across your organization?
- Does your organization have documented norms/expectations & guidelines for what is expected while working remotely?
- Does your management know how to lead a virtual team and keep people motivated?
- Do your teams know how to effectively run virtual meetings & workshops?
Where we can help
Our team includes a variety of skilled and experienced professionals who can help you establish an effective remote-work environment for the next wave of virtual workers. We can help with:
- Remote-Work Readiness Checklist: Rapid assessment to determine how prepared your organization is to move to a complete remote-working model. A quick scan of the current state technology, culture, policies and communication tools to determine optimization efforts required to move to a virtual workforce.
- Select & Deploy Communication & Collaboration Tools: KPMG can assist with the assessment and selection of appropriate communication and collaboration tools for your organization. As well, we can expedite the rollout of these tools across your organization.
- Virtual Tool Training: We can create and execute on training covering the effective use of common communication and collaboration tools (e.g. Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, Adobe Connect, Zoom, WebEx, Google Hangouts).
- Virtual Meeting Best Practices: KPMG can share insights from the consulting world on how to best run virtual meetings, engage virtual participants while achieving organizational objectives & goals.
- Virtual Productivity: KPMG can help your organization measure levels of productivity across your virtual teams as well as share insights on how to maintain productivity while working remotely.
- Working-in-Crisis Leadership Training: Express learning on proven practices for managing remote teams, engaging employees, protecting top talent, handling stress and maintaining the health of your workforce. We can provide tips on how to best support your employees during a crisis while maintaining good mental health.
Replay - KPMG Webinar: Building a virtual workforce