Massive change ahead for the Canadian automotive industry.
The auto industry is heading toward a transformation – and the wide-ranging impacts are well underway. Our latest paper pinpoints the critical changes coming to all aspects of the Canadian automotive sector, including:
- Road safety: OEMs’ are investing heavily in autonomous features, which will have a tremendously positive impact on road safety, speed regulation, and accident rates.
- Infrastructure needs: There is a need for continued investment in the country’s EV charging capabilities. Governments need to get out ahead of demand and expand the infrastructure.
- Canada’s role in design and manufacturing: Canada is an ideal place for EV design and manufacturing, given the country’s existing automotive expertise.
- Workforce requirements: These developments will necessitate changes to the workforce, with increased emphasis on robotics, AI, sensors, telecommunications, new materials, and advanced manufacturing processes specialties.
- Battery technology: What type of battery technology will win the race? Lithium ion or hydrogen fuel cell.
Download the pdf below to learn more.
Ready to navigate the road ahead for Canada’s automotive industry?
So are we. Let's do this.