A report on the current state of the Canadian Insurance Industry
Now in its fourth year, KPMG Canada’s Annual Insurance Industry Opportunities & Risks Survey reflects the current state of the Canadian Insurance Industry, identifies key trends and provides our insights. The results represent views from a wide range of insurance sectors and explore the mega trends in the Canadian Insurance Industry:
• Enhancing operational processes and technology is the major opportunity, while the related costs represent a significant risk
• The Customer … an insurer’s biggest opportunity and risk
• While insurers see the regulatory and compliance burden as the biggest risk, it also represents a significant opportunity for managing risks and the best use of capital
• Low interest rates are the new normal
• Big data is big….with the related cyber security top of mind.
Read the report to find out more, and let’s start the conversation.