First launched in 2012, KPMG’s Indigenous Student Awards program is administered by Indspire’s Building Brighter Futures: Bursaries, Scholarships and Awards program that is available to Indigenous post-secondary students in the pursuit of university or college education across Canada.
This award is open to all Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Inuit and Metis) who are attending post-secondary institutions (i.e. college or university) with demonstrated financial need for contributions to education costs. Preference will be given to students studying in the following academic programs: Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Information Technology, Human Resources, Communications and Marketing
To be eligible you must:
- be a Canadian Indigenous person;
- be enrolled in an accredited institution such as:
- an accredited university program;
- an accredited college program;
- not be a member of the staff, board, or past participants at the time of applying for funding support.
- Deadline(s): August 1, 2021; November 1, 2021; February 1, 2022
- Program of study: Business & Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Taxation, Business & Economics, Information Technology, Human Resources, Communications and Marketing.
- Level of study: College or University
- Indigenous affiliation: Any
Applying for an Indspire scholarship was a wonderful opportunity that I had as a 4th year student. I saw other students on social media expressing their gratitude to Indspire, which sparked my interest in applying. I most definitely encourage all students to apply, as these scholarships and bursaries can make a great financial impact!
Having resources that support your educational goals is imperative to success. Indspire and KPMG's scholarship gave me the opportunity to focus on my schooling instead of how I was going to pay for it. Not having that financial burden allowed me to become a better student and focus on what matters most, my education.
I am trying to create a life my son and myself can be proud of, and to have the opportunity to attend school in pursuing my aspirations of becoming a Chartered Professional Accountant is such a blessing. I wouldn't be able to achieve my goals if it wasn't for the generosity of donors like KPMG, and charity organizations dedicated to the Indigenous futures, like Indspire.