Bobby was born and raised in Shanghai, China and is fluent in Mandarin and Shanghainese. His current focus includes servicing clients from Asia, Canada, US and UK for corporate and financing transactions.
Bobby received his B.Comm. from University of Toronto in 2000 and his JD from Osgoode Hall Law School of York University in 2005. He was admitted to the bar in both Ontario and New York in 2006. He practiced law in both New York and Toronto and in both private practice and the law group of a large Canadian bank before joining KPMG Law in its Toronto Office in 2021.
Professional and Industry Experience
- Prior to joining KPMG Law LLP, Bobby practiced in top tier firms in both New York and Toronto as well as acted as in-house counsel at a large bank.
- Bobby is called to the bar in Ontario and New York and has is fluent in English, Mandarin and Shanghainese
- Advising large Chinese state-owned enterprises and privately owned enterprises on financing and M&A transactions in diversified industries including hospitality, mining, and oil & gas;
- Advising large Chinese banks (ICBC and ABC) on their Schedule III foreign bank branch applications;
- Advising large Chinese enterprises with their entry and exit strategies in Canada;
- Advising various Schedules I, II and III banks and other foreign financial institutions on their syndicated and bilateral secured financing transactions;
- Advising European educational holding company on its M&A transactions in Canada;
- Advising the Canadian subsidiaries of foreign corporations on their internal re-organization in Canada;
- Acting as in-house counsel for a large Canadian bank supporting its Canadian Banking operation;
- Advising a large U.S. investment bank on their collateralized debt obligations; and
- Advising various U.S. and European investment banks on their derivative transactions.