Sawsan’s practice is focused on the acquisition, disposition, leasing and financing of commercial real estate, including retail, industrial, development and investment projects. Sawsan advises corporations, institutional and private lenders, investors and property developers. Sawsan has over 10 years of real estate experience in England and in Ontario.
Professional and Industry Experience
- Acted for numerous property developers, providing detailed title analysis and due diligence support throughout the acquisition and development process
- Acted on the sale of major hotels with transfer of franchise agreements
- Advised on complex title matters relating to restrictive covenants, easements and planning act compliance
- Acted on mortgage financings, including construction and other loans
- Advised on ownership structures, including joint ventures, partnership and shareholder arrangements
- Advised on leasing and asset management
- Acted for real estate investment trusts (REITs) in dispositions and acquisitions of large real estate holdings
- Advised on construction and development agreements.
Ontario Bar, 2016
Law Society of England & Wales, 2006
MA (Hons), Human Rights, University of London, 2002
LL.B. (Hons), University of Westminster, 2001
Food4Kids Mississauga – President
West-End Women’s Network - President