Max maintains a general corporate and commercial practice. He regularly advises Canadian and international clients on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and other commercial transactions.
Prior to joining KPMG, Max practiced in the corporate law group of another national firm and volunteered as a duty counsel for Pro Bono Ontario.
Professional and Industry Experience
- Acted for multinational companies with respect to their entries into Canada and Canadian template agreements
- Acted for state-owned enterprises (SOEs) with respect to their acquisitions of major Canadian assets
- Acted for a payment processing start-up with respect to its seed round equity financing
- Acted for technology companies with respect to their issuances of convertible notes
- Acted for a video game company with respect to its internal corporate structure and external commercial contracts
- Acted for a global chain of restaurants with respect to its day-to-day operations in Canada
- Acted for a sustainable seafood company with respect to its employee stock option plan
- Acted for a radio communications company with respect to its internal corporate structure and external commercial contracts
- Acted for a life sciences research centre with respect to its combination with another entity
- Acted for domestic and international clients in a wide variety of sectors with respect to their purchase and sale of businesses
- Acted for clients with respect to their shareholders agreements and partnership agreements
- Acted for domestic and international non-profits and charities with respect to Canadian law and contracts
- Appeared before Ontario courts with respect to the litigation of corporate and commercial matters