Ian has extensive experience in Canadian, domestic and international tax, advising and assisting multinationals. His areas of specialization are cross-border financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and disposition planning.
Ian’s industry focus is on mergers, acquisitions, effective tax rate management and financing strategies for large Canadian, U.S. and foreign-based private-equity, multinationals and financial institutions.
International tax planning, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, tax efficient group financing, tax efficient IP utilization and ETR planning mainly in outbound scenarios, cash management, repatriation strategies, and corporate reorganizations
- Cross-border financing structures and investment strategies
- International and Domestic Reorganizations
- Establishment of optimal holding company structures
- Restructuring of foreign operations including liquidations, wind-ups and mergers
- Cash repatriation strategies
- Tax Structuring of Domestic and International Operations
- Paid up capital structuring strategies
Bachelor of Computer Science, University of British Columbia
Master of Science in Taxation, Golden Gate University, San Francisco
Certified Public Accountant of Canada – British Columbia
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Illinois
US Corporate Tax