Paul Lan is a Partner in KPMG’s Infrastructure Advisory practice in Toronto. Paul has over 25 years’ experience providing integrated commercial advice to public and private sector clients on major infrastructure projects and transactions.
Paul specializes in the development, structuring, procurement, and financing of complex infrastructure projects. He has extensive experience in business case preparation, funding analysis, project financing, and public-private partnerships (PPPs). His clients include federal, provincial, and municipal governments, as well as infrastructure developers and investors.
In his work, Paul provides a broad range of advisory services including:
- Market analysis and research
- Feasibility studies and business plans
- Project evaluation and due diligence
- Public policy and program review
- Regulatory framework development
- Economic impact analysis
- Risk analysis and simulation
- Financial analysis and complex financial modeling
- Project governance setup and review
- Procurement process and transaction implementation
- Deal structuring and project financing
Paul has worked on many high profile transit, highways, and airport projects in Canada, U.S., and 25 other countries. Paul also has extensive experience in water/wastewater, waste management, social infrastructure and real estate projects.