Jonathan is an Executive Director in KPMG’s Global Infrastructure Group where he focuses almost exclusively on issues related to utility regulation and investment. He provides financial modelling, cost allocation and strategic planning services, including consideration of alternative business models and P3 approaches. His project experience covers the electricity, water and wastewater, and natural gas distribution sectors. He has appeared as an expert witness at the Manitoba Public Utility Board, the Ontario Energy Board and the Island Regulatory and Appeals Commission (PEI).
Specific areas of focus include:
- Evaluation of future financial returns and complex financial modeling.
- Business case assessments for new infrastructure development.
- Cost allocation and rate design.
- Various forms of transaction support, including analysis of regulatory issues and energy pricing risks.
- Assistance in negotiating long-term agreements for infrastructure development or for power purchase.
MBA, University of Toronto, Rotman School of Management
BESc, University of Western Ontario
Member of Professional Engineers Ontario
Member of Toronto Association of Business Economists
Member of International Association for Energy Economics