The mining industry is increasingly consolidated and globalized. Companies seek to be recognized in the global market and therefore compete for the critical capital required to discover new mineral opportunities.
From small and middle-sized mining companies to large mining companies and from the beginning of the exploitation to the mining capping, KPMG in Brazil has the resources, technical knowledge and team focused on satisfying your needs.
In Brazil, KPMG relies on one of the largest Mining practices in the country, with professionals providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services focused on this industry. We provide services to approximately 60% of the major mining companies in the world.
KPMG has developed an international network of experienced professionals in the Mining industry. KPMG International’s member firms operate in the three regions – Americas; Europe, Africa and Middle East; and Asia and Oceania –, each one with a dedicated leader to the industry. This structure enables its professionals to strike the right balance between identifying and understanding domestic markets, thus helping ensure that they are able to implement global strategies and practices in a consist manner.
Our dedication to the industry can be evidenced by the Global Centers of Excellence based in Australia, Brazil, Chile, Canada, China, Russia, South Africa, Great Britain and the US. Each one of them has an important role in developing this global focus within the market, through the recruitment of experienced professionals, who keep current with what affects the mining industry globally, and develop products which provide value to the industry.
These Centers operate as a bond through which one can access KPMG Internacional member firms knowledge both locally and globally.
- They are comprised of professionals dedicated to the mining industry.
- They are led by a seasoned and renowned professional in the industry who actively participates in the meetings held by the Global Centers of Excellence. This procedure contributes to ensure that we keep well informed about the latest trends and share and make coordinated service offerings.
- They provide support to the global engagement teams in order to supply the clients served by our Organization with knowledge, training and quality services.
- They enable the mobility of our member firms' resources and monitors the consistency of the services delivery.
- They compile publications focusing on significant subject matters which have an impact on the industry around the world.
- They deliver ongoing training to the mining industry professionals and clients.
KPMG's service offerings may include:
- Provision of support to foreign investors in the region, including tax, financial and regulatory advisory services.
- Provision of support to mergers, acquisitions and company and asset disinvestments.
- International tax, compliance and corporate structuring advisory services.
- Project due diligence for assessing new investments and initiatives.
- Independent assessments and opinions.
- Monitoring expenses incurred in capital-intensive projects.
- Support to joint ventures, advising on investment management and effectiveness, while limiting risks.
- Guidelines on the assessment and governance of information systems, security and risk and knowledge management.
- Assistance to clients, including effective communications in their business development.
- Response to the changing corporate governance environment. Advisory services on environmental and stakeholders issues, including sustainability reports reviews, development of global reporting initiative and audits involving challenges posed by the Carbon Footprint.
- Reports preparation and provision of advisory services on changes in the international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
- Audit of statutory financial statements and risk advisory services.
- Internal audit outsourcing and cosourcing.
- Provision of support services related to income tax issues for international executives.
- Cost management and optimization.
- Risk management, and quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Contract and vendor management.
- Advisory services on information technology: strategy, security, sourcing, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and architecture.