Our team and experience
Our team and experience
KPMG in Bermuda has a great deal of experience with Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and Valuations.
KPMG in Bermuda has a great deal of experience with M&A and Valuations.
Recent M&A and Valuations experience
We are a Bermuda-based Deal Advisory team, with extensive experience in supporting local and international businesses through mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and performing valuations of private companies operating in both local and international markets across the banking, asset management, insurance and corporate service provision sectors. In addition to our Bermuda-based team, we can rapidly mobilise an integrated team of specialists by drawing from more than 7,300 Deal Advisory and Valuation professionals working as part of our global network of 162,000 professionals across 152 countries. Our specialists have experience in a wide range of major industries and familiarity with local regulatory and M&A marketplaces which means your service team will have the deep knowledge, experience and foresight in the areas critical to your deal, valuation or restructuring.
- We have prepared ‘pricing analyses’ and valuation reasonableness reports to help shareholders, boards of directors and management analyse investment and divestment opportunities and determine what the right price is to pay or accept for a business. Sector experience includes fund administration, private and trust banking, corporate service provision, insurance companies (including captives), insurance management, asset management, communications, hospitality, and security.
- We have assisted companies in determining the value of identifiable intangible assets acquired as a result of a business combination, including trademarks, brands, technology and customer relationships. We have also assisted them in allocating the price paid for the business to the various tangible and intangible assets acquired as required under IFRS and US GAAP. Sector experience includes private banking, asset management, fund administration, corporate service and trust provision, communications, technology, aircraft and defence.
- We have assisted companies and funds holding large portfolios of investments with their valuation governance, including reviewing their existing valuation processes, drafting of policies and procedures or providing independent valuations of the underlying investments which are capable of standing up to scrutiny from both commercial (e.g. investor) and regulatory (e.g. external auditor) perspectives.
- We have performed independent valuations of privately owned companies which were used for tax and other purposes (including pricing of employee share awards).
- We have mobilised cross-jurisdictional integrated teams to conduct tailored financial, tax, regulatory, commercial and IT due diligence on targets with multi-jurisdictional presence operating within the fund administration, corporate service provision and trust sectors. We have generally led the teams centrally from Bermuda to ensure quality, consistency and responsiveness for the client and included country-specific professionals from across the KPMG network to bring local tax and regulatory expertise where required. For many of these transactions, we also performed assessments of the reasonableness of the client’s proposed valuation and worked with their counsel to review the draft purchase agreement to ensure any risks identified during due diligence are mitigated as far as possible.
- We have performed financial and operational due diligence on local Bermuda targets operating across similar sectors, and have reviewed their proposed valuations and worked with their counsel on the financial aspects of the purchase agreements, including proposed closing mechanisms.
- We have assisted the shareholders of businesses operating across various sectors to identify prospective buyers for their businesses and facilitate introductions.
- Where our clients have decided to enter into a formal sales process with potential buyers, we have assisted them in preparing the information to be shared with bidders, hosted virtual data rooms to share this information and other documents, reviewed offers from bidders, negotiated on their behalf and worked with their counsel to draft the required documents and agreements.
Managing Director, Sector Lead, Insurance, KPMG in Bermuda, Hamilton
Mark joined KPMG in March 2009, following five years as a Client Executive.
Director, Sector Lead, Banking, KPMG in Bermuda, Hamilton
Richard is a Director in the Deal Advisory practice with KPMG in Bermuda.