KPMG in Bermuda releases Impact report
KPMG in Bermuda releases Impact report
Highlighting their 2020 Corporate Citizenship efforts.
At KPMG, we have a collective interest in the communities we serve, with corporate citizenship at the heart of all we do. Our Corporate Citizenship Report 2020, highlighting our impact in Bermuda, is now available. During 2020, our scholarships, pro bono work and financial giving totals over $1.6 million, along with over 3,500 community service hours. We focused our impact on youth development, education, health and the environment, aligning our efforts with global and local priorities to support initiatives and activities that benefit our communities and its members, for better. Additionally, we provide professional services on a full or partial pro-bono basis to not-for-profit organisations. We are committed to supporting the community and this year we placed a large focus on contributing to our community’s resilience.
“Our Report brings a number of our environmental, social and governance commitments together under one umbrella. We are proud of our accomplishments during the constraints of COVID, but we will be pushing to expand in 2021, and beyond, to align with KPMG’s global Impact Plan and to achieve net zero carbon by 2030.” says Mike Morrison, CEO, KPMG in Bermuda.
“Strong corporate citizenship is part of the fabric of our firm. Our staff have done amazing work over the course of 2020 and I look forward to what we will achieve in the future as we continue to align with the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.” added Steve Woodward, Managing Director & Chair of the Corporate Citizenship Committee, KPMG in Bermuda.
Our impact at a glance:
- COVID-19 Relief: In an effort to support our community through our new reality, our firm conducted various fundraising initiatives, raising $50,000 to contribute to local efforts to help support the implementation of necessary healthcare structures, and support local charities who aid those impacted by COVID-19.
- The Lift Off Program: Our firm actively support the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals, with particular focus on Goal 4, ‘Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all’, which we contribute to through the Lift Off Program. The program has helped launch many careers over the years, which includes overseas secondments, and in 2020 we supported 12 interns in their learning development, 15 graduates in their CPA journey, with three being successful in 2020, and provided $100,000 in scholarships.
- Toys For Tots: Employees showed their holiday spirit by participating in a special firm-wide 12 days of Christmas to support the Coalition for the Protection of Children’s annual Toys for Tots campaign. Our firm recognises how important it is to help others during the time of year that signifies generosity and community, especially given 2020’s significant impacts on families. With our generous employees support we donated over 300 items, ranging from nonperishable foods, to gift cards and toys.
- Movember: Our firm’s MoBros demonstrated their creativity and various abilities when it comes to growing facial hair, with our MoSistas supporting them along the way, in a mission to contribute to changing the face of men’s health. The unique challenges of this year “mo”tivated our team to think of innovative fundraising ideas, and we successfully raised $6,475 for the Bermuda Cancer and Health Centre during Movember in Bermuda.
- KPMG Round the Grounds Race: We celebrated the 22nd Anniversary of the KPMG Round the Grounds Running Race and this fun family event became even more special this year, becoming one of the last community events before the events of this year changed our reality. This is a cheerful afternoon we look forward to every year and we loved seeing over 400 participants, ranging in ages from 4 to 18 running for fun in such a treasured spot on the island.
Find out more about KPMG’s year of corporate citizenship and all the ways we are investing to help make a positive difference for our people, clients and communities by visiting the Corporate Citizenship Page on kpmg.bm.
For further details, please contact: Angell Kasparian, Director, Markets, email@example.com
© 2021 KPMG, a group of Bermuda limited liability companies and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organization please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.