Kyle is part of the KPMG in Bermuda actuarial team and has over 23 years of industry experience. Most recently, Kyle served as the Risk Management Actuary at Validus Holdings. Prior to Validus, Kyle spent six years at Partner Re managing the group capital model and three years as a broker actuary at Willis Re.
Professional and Industry Experience
Kyle recently joined KPMG in Bermuda and has begun serving a variety of insurance clients. His recent experience includes:
- Serving as Risk Management Actuary for a global reinsurance group, responsible for exposure management and model validation. In that role, he was responsible for the quarterly accumulation and reporting of the Group’s natural catastrophe Probable Maximum Losses (PMLs) in the publicly-disclosed financial supplement, as well as the validation of the company’s view of risk as expressed in its bespoke catastrophe model settings and assumptions.
- Managing the group capital model for a global reinsurance group. As part of that role, he created a simulation engine to sample annual periods of natural catastrophe events from the group event loss table as part of the firm’s capital model. He was responsible for completing the natural catastrophe sections of Bermuda’s Solvency Capital Requirement return. He served as the lead actuary on the team to develop the group’s catastrophe retrocession purchasing strategy.
- Supported catastrophe and medical professional liability placements for clients at a leading reinsurance brokerage.
- Kyle has experience in the fields of ratemaking, large account pricing, reserving, capital modeling, enterprise risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Lines of business with which Kyle has experience include property catastrophe, workers compensation, general liability, commercial auto, excess and umbrella and medical professional liability.